No announcement yet.

WSU vs UCF Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I saw ZB limping a bit. Not sure he is healthy. Maybe he should rest upand heal and bring him back for the Cincy game.

thank you ucf fror playing man. Just what we needed.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Also, i would like us to run more lob plays against the zone. Defenses suck at stopping them... we also managed to drive and lob more often than usual.

Comment

• I'm happy. Still plenty of flaws to work on, but I'm still confident about a six game winning streak heading into Cinci
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• UCF has a team of MEN. Must be something in the water or maybe these were the rejects that couldn't make their National Championship football team. It's not every day we look the slighter team, but last night was certainly one of those times.

That's a good team. Yeah they are a bad shooting team, but they're good enough to win at Bama with Tacko but without Taylor I believe. That's plenty strong.

I also thought Conner was pretty damned good. Had one mistake that I can remember, and a bunch of really heady plays. He and Austin both challenged shooters successfully.

If you're a fan and you're still griping about something, go to ESPN and pull up the UNI ISUr game from a couple nights ago. Then get on your knees and thank a variety of people and entities that we're in this conference now.

Comment

• asiseeit
            asiseeit commented
            Editing a comment
            damned good post. CF's floor presence is way under valued as is his assists vs TO's

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            LMAO!

• Nothing from CBB except crickets.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Reaves was playing with his hair on fire. Shaq and Willis were close behind. Let's keep it rolling and hope it spreads.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Reaves was great last night on both sides of the floor. Starting to see a lot of growth from him, both in his playing ability and his leadership on the court. He is consistently the most vocal on the court, is always pumping up his teammates. I love to see that.

SHJ I thought had some good minutes. He is still driving the lane and getting blocked a lot, but after he got blocked Marshall told him to throw the ball up for a lob to Shaq, next time he was in the same situation he went for a lob to Shaq. Although they didn't connect, it shows that he is willing to change what hes doing and is coachable. I thought he was pretty good defensively.

Overall, pretty happy. Game day product was much better from both the team and the AD. I enjoy seeing our team show some fire and attitude, and we saw that last night. Nurger had a nice block followed by a stare down, SHJ clapping in his guys face on defense and getting a stop. In a season where we haven't really seen the same effort or attitude from the team, its nice to finally see those things come out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Regarding Shaq, I watched the replay a couple times and it looked like the defenders knee hit him in the shin or knee. I don’t think it’s an ankle issue.
                Definitely an ankle issue. Landed on the defenders foot

Comment

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a crap ton of body mass to come down on an ankle wrong.

• Last nights game was more of we expected from the Shockers. UCF is a pretty good team. Last night 3G tried several combinations. And i liked the way he replaced all 5 players at one time. That's how it should be. I think this will help us. He has found some good combos. We need to see it again in the Tulsa game. Our players played a whole lot better. Sure there were a couple of hiccups. but it got corrected. Marshall was back to being himself and getting on the players. The last few games i didn't see him rip into them.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                  Last nights game was more of we expected from the Shockers. UCF is a pretty good team. Last night 3G tried several combinations. And i liked the way he replaced all 5 players at one time. That's how it should be. I think this will help us. He has found some good combos. We need to see it again in the Tulsa game. Our players played a whole lot better. Sure there were a couple of hiccups. but it got corrected. Marshall was back to being himself and getting on the players. The last few games i didn't see him rip into them.
                  He opened a can on Lindsted early in the game.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Certainly not my favorite scene, but it's vintage 3G. The same effort and attention to detail that he demands from his players he also expects from his staff, himself and the fans (and the ball boys, the light changers, the refs, the storage guy etc etc).

• I, for one, DON'T like the wholesale subbing. One guy screws up and all five on the court pay for
                  his mistake. Remove the guy/guys who are not playing angry or well. What if you have a hot shooter
                  playing well and he is removed because a teammate didn't block out?

Comment

• El_Wu
                    El_Wu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah but that one was necessary. UCF got 3-4 rebounds on us in one play. And they were having hard time scoring. Once he replaced all 5 players the second team played better. And then he started subbing. That's what HCGM is suppose to do. Even the announcers agreed.

• ShockerPrez
                    ShockerPrez commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That 5 was gassed after chasing the assortment of bricks.

• proshox
                    proshox commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree. And it was dumb. UCF got the rebounds off of terrible shots that didn’t hit the rim. That wasn’t an effort issue. It was our defense is so good and their shot selection was so bad that “crap happens.”

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Regarding Shaq, I watched the replay a couple times and it looked like the defenders knee hit him in the shin or knee. I don’t think it’s an ankle issue.
                  The replay on espn showed him clearly rolling/twisting his right ankle. When he came down from the 3 point attempt, the UCF player came in and his foot landed awkwardly on the UCF players left foot and twisted/gave out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

He opened a can on Lindsted early in the game.
                    for what?

Comment

• BOBB
                      BOBB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It was during the three consecutive offensive rebounds for UCF that precipitated a 5 for 5 sub out. Not sure what exactly Lindsey had or hadn't done.

• It was a strangely officiated game. Lots of uncalled walks. We came pretty close to having a brawl.

Comment

• SHJ gets a lot of grief on here but he's actually a good outside shooter. He just hasn't realized that his finger roll move in the paint does not work when there are bodies around him. He's got to figure out how to use his body to shield off defenders like Fred used to do. Otherwise, he needs to pull up for a short jumper.

Comment

Working...
                      X