X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall Show - 01/22/18

Gregg Marshall Show - Tonight
    Monday, 01/22/18 - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
    All news, and all that matters to you in the Wichita region, plus 24-hour traffic updates, weather & more. Stream, read and download KNSS-AM from any device on Audacy.

98.7 FM
    1330 KNSS

Likely tape delayed broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoxSports/featured

Earmuffs

Comment

Marshall got some explaining to do...

Comment

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        To whom?

Doc told me this morning that he was really hoping to take Mike's place on the show today...especially to be right next to Gregg when those insightful questions come from guys like Ron and Dennis.

(Side question: do those guys still call in?)
      78-65

Comment

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        I have it on good authority that Doc said no such thing.

I don't think they take calls anymore. Preselected Twitter questions.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I want to see if he mentions anything about the new play it appears they put in for the Housont game. It's the "pick and then stand there and watch the game" play.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Stickboy46
          Stickboy46 commented
          Editing a comment
          Works great on both offense AND Defense!

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I want to see if he mentions anything about the new play it appears they put in for the Housont game. It's the "pick and then stand there and watch the game" play.
        Why don’t you ask him (in person)?

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          I don't think they take calls anymore. Preselected Twitter questions.
          Brilliant decision

Comment

• BOBB
            BOBB commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed, for the most part. I think Mike is a little too afraid to poke the bear. Whatever. It is not an episode of Dateline or 60 Minutes.

Coach very calm and very measured with his responses. "If you are not going to practice, you are not going to play." (approx. quote from memory). Connor has been ill. Shaq had migraine today. Mike mentioned Kelly as the only guy who played well in Texas, Coach responded basically pointing out every single one of Kelly's flaws. Mike mentioned that if Shamet goes to NBA, we need another recruit, Coach answered that there might be more than one guy leaving, then mentioned some reasons why a player might leave. To me, it sounded like he was talking about actual people, rather than hypotheticals. I plan to re-listen, but that was concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Coach very calm and very measured with his responses. "If you are not going to practice, you are not going to play." (approx. quote from memory). Connor has been ill. Shaq had migraine today. Mike mentioned Kelly as the only guy who played well in Texas, Coach responded basically pointing out every single one of Kelly's flaws. Mike mentioned that if Shamet goes to NBA, we need another recruit, Coach answered that there might be more than one guy leaving, then mentioned some reasons why a player might leave. To me, it sounded like he was talking about actual people, rather than hypotheticals. I plan to re-listen, but that was concerning.
            He said lack of PT or having a girlfriend in another city. His tone, in my uneducated opinion, made it sound like a contributor would be leaving.

Comment

I don’t think it’s hard to guess who that is. There’s basically only 2 or 3 guys who even could fit and one of them in particular seems obvious

heres the list of contributors who could return next season: Shamet, McDuffie, Reaves, Haynes jones, Keyser and mitgaard. You do the math...

Comment

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                Depending on how you take the above post, I'd say there's only 2, maybe 1, and I don't like the sound of that at all. Whoa.

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                my thought exactly, ShockTalk

Find your favorite KNSS Radio podcast and listen on any device for free on the Audacy app. Browse our huge collection of news podcasts or let us find you one.

link to listen...

Comment

Gregg made a comment that the preseason rankings and hype might have skewed expectations or misrepresented what this team is capable of. That’s not something I wanted to hear, but it’s probably right. I kind of hope I misunderstood him.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Gregg made a comment that the preseason rankings and hype might have skewed expectations or misrepresented what this team is capable of. That’s not something I wanted to hear, but it’s probably right. I kind of hope I misunderstood him.
                  you are correct in your interpretation

Comment

I haven't listened. But it sounds horrible. I get bad mojo when I say how the coach acts on this show.

Comment

Working...
                    X