• Show
Clear All

• Chris Allison on OTL

Talking Hoops

OTL with Bob Ley or the one on KAKE?

Comment

on KAKE

Comment

Did he remember that Graham Hatch did a mormon mission and wasn't here last year?

Comment

He does a good job with his pregame show

Comment

Yeah, I must admit that his prep and knowledge seems better now than it did prior to the season. My only complaint about KGSO is that it seem like it is 75% commercials. Not only are there a lot of regular commercials, but it seems like lately they are taking up segment space with someone who is a sponsor on the air talking about their business when they should be talking sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
              My only complaint about KGSO is that it seem like it is 75% commercials. Not only are there a lot of regular commercials, but it seems like lately they are taking up segment space with someone who is a sponsor on the air talking about their business when they should be talking sports.
              They have to make money somehow. There isn't much money to be made in radio, especially sports talk AM radio in a smaller market like Wichita, so they have to sell as much ad-space as possible. Personally, I've never had a problem with how many commercials KGSO has because I don't feel they have more than any other station out there. Its not as bad as 95.1 FM, which has (at maximum) 3 songs before a 5 min commercial break. And usually those songs are all broken up with some sort of station call number bump.
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Personally, I think Chris and Randy do a good job. My only comment, which I voiced in another thread, was Chris was practically begging people to come to the Shadow a couple of games ago. At first, I was fine with them telling people to come, then it became annoying and quickly progressed into sad. However, I did not notice it as much before the UTA game.

Overall, I like the show but it makes for a lot of pregame when you combine it with Kennedy.

Comment

I understand you have to make money. But call yourself an advertising station with a little bit of sports talk if that's what your going to do. 65% advertising and 35% sports content isn't necessary, IMO.

Comment

I've met Chris and he is a real genuine and great guy. I've been to the Shadow before the last two games and it is dead. There are not many people showing up for the pre-game party. It's a nice place to go but the only complaint I have is that the two times I've been there I had to go to the bar and get my drinks. There are plenty of servers around but no one ever stopped and asked if I needed a drink.

Chris and Randy are a class act and I really enjoy listening to them.

Comment

Originally posted by boilershock
                      I've met Chris and he is a real genuine and great guy. I've been to the Shadow before the last two games and it is dead. There are not many people showing up for the pre-game party. It's a nice place to go but the only complaint I have is that the two times I've been there I had to go to the bar and get my drinks. There are plenty of servers around but no one ever stopped and asked if I needed a drink.

Chris and Randy are a class act and I throughly enjoy listening to them.
                      That's pretty consistent for the staff at the Shadow. Perhaps a change in venue might do the show well (like an actual sports bar). Nothing against the Shadow, which I think is a pretty good spot, but it's not exactly a place I'd pick for the pregame.

Comment

Yeah... Why don't they do the show somewhere like A.J.'s or the Chalet...

Maybe they could spread it out and do the show somewhere on the west side...
                        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                        Students > Alumni
                        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

THE CEDAR!!!

Comment

I second that......
                            The Cedar would be perfect!!!!

Comment

I have always thought that location, the cedar, tanners prior, would be perfect. Location, parking, great nachos when it was tanners, and lots of yellow before a game. Problem is, the shadow is paying kgso big bucks to have them out there. Money talks.

Comment

Working...
                              X