No announcement yet.

Chris Allison on OTL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by the way the new cedar is horrible. we went their before the first exhibition game this year. we were all decked out in yellow shocker stuff and the bar tender comes up and asks us "is there a game tonight or something?" what a joke.

Comment

That is pretty sad. I was in town, I guess over a year ago, and it was right after the "new" Cedar opened. The staff did not know what a schooner was – which completely shocked me.

I miss the "atmosphere" of the old Cedar but the new location is ideal for a pre-game show. Why did the Cedar have to move?

Comment

I have given up on listening to 1410 on my 'morning drive'. I tried listening during my 15 minute treck to work for over a month, and I never heard sports talk once, only comercials and maybe a national sports report. How many actual on air minutes of local sports do they even have during an hours period.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
          That is pretty sad. I was in town, I guess over a year ago, and it was right after the "new" Cedar opened. The staff did not know what a schooner was – which completely shocked me.
          That's blasfamy!

Comment

Can we start some sort of a petition to get the old cedar back?

Comment

its free radio people, they have to get paid somehow.

Sometimes Chris comes off a little ignorant on shocker sports but thats understandable considering he didn't grow up here and has only been here a few years. Other than that I have no complaints.

Not that I really care for one or the other but don't act like we don't get pounded with sponsers on sports daily. Crap its high school sports magazine, nascar with the body shop guys, memerabila with rock, and the rest of the guys worked in one way or another.

When you can just turn on a radio and listen for free, don't complain about ads. It's just part of it and understandably so.

Comment

Originally posted by verbeak
                Can we start some sort of a petition to get the old cedar back?
                I wish we could. My favorite part about the old Cedar was that after every game as soon as I walked into the building the bartenders knew who I was and what I drank and by the time I walked up to the bar it was sitting there waiting for me. Once they moved, they had to hire a new wait staff and all of the old Cedar employees started working as bartenders or they worked in the kitchen. The Cedar turned from a customer friendly place to a very customer unfriendly place. I have gotten to know a few of the wait staff and that helps with the service, but it's nowhere near how it use to be.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                  Originally posted by Maggie
                  That's blasfamy!
                  I thought so.

Comment

It certainly was not the same and I am not sure I would go back. I missed the corner booth on the left hand side as you walk in – I spent many a night there during college, after a game and otherwise. It was truly a WSU bar.

Does anyone know why the Cedar moved or was forced to move? What replaced the "old" Cedar, if anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
                      its free radio people, they have to get paid somehow.

Sometimes Chris comes off a little ignorant on shocker sports but thats understandable considering he didn't grow up here and has only been here a few years. Other than that I have no complaints.

Not that I really care for one or the other but don't act like we don't get pounded with sponsers on sports daily. Crap its high school sports magazine, nascar with the body shop guys, memerabila with rock, and the rest of the guys worked in one way or another.

When you can just turn on a radio and listen for free, don't complain about ads. It's just part of it and understandably so.
                      Agreed. I just don't get the complaints on the volume of ads because it doesn't seem all that different than let's say 1330. Also consider the alternative prior to KGSO...Some people just like to listen to themselves b!tch too much (note: does not include valid complaints on new cedar).

Comment

The old Cedar was one of my favorite spots in the world. During college I was there at least five nights a week. In the day, I really liked Tanners as well. When I heard the two were, essentially, merging I thought it might make for a great Shocker bar atmosphere.

Boy was I wrong!

The new Cedar somehow managed to combine all the worst aspects of both bars and bring them together in one spot. How can it actually be smokier in the new Cedar than it was in the old? What a disappointment.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Holy S---! You were in the Cedar 5 nights per week during college? I thought that only happened at universities a couple of hours north of here.
                          :)

I completely agree with you about the new Cedar... unbelievably dissapointing... mark my words, it will close within the next 12 months unless major changes are made... and what a damn shame, because it's a great before and after game location.
                          :(
                          SFL is back!

Comment

lets add bringing back tanners to the petition. cheese balls, chicken and or beef nachos, cheap tacos, free beer cups...? how does it get better?

Comment

Back in my day, the Cedar was second to the not nearly as convenient Merle's. Merle's turned into a fern bar, so there you go. Sad the Cedar is history, it's the only bar I ever bothered to patronize on my visits to Wichita.

Comment

Cedar

airport lounges have more atmosphere than the new Cedar. THe cozy, campy feeling of the old joint didn't make the trip North to the ubiquitous shopping center bar next to cell phone store next to card shop corner.

What a shame, maybe I will start going to the joint on 17th - the Field House. Too bad the College Inn is long gone...

Comment

Working...
                                X