Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Valley coach, other than your own, would you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Valley coach, other than your own, would you want?

Guys - I'm going to be writing a series of articles for my examiner.com site that I hope you will participate in. There will be sites from around the league that I'll ask the same questions to, and compile the answers.

The first question is,

"Which Valley coach, other than your own, would you like to run your program?"

If you want to post comments, I might use some in the articles. I would PM you before I do that in order to obtain permission.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic... the poll will be up for one week, and the choices are listed in alphabetical order.

Thanks!

Joe
    Visit the site with the most in-depth coverage of the Missouri Valley -- http://www.examiner.com/missouri-val...al/joseph-book

Follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/mvcexaminerjoe

Lansing
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Lowery

Comment

Did I mention today is Wacky Wednesday?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Lowery
          Phi Alpha

Comment

I bet Salukitalk would say any of the above would be an upgrade.

Comment

I guess I'd go with Jacobson. The style of play isn't that exciting but the guy wins and gets his kids to buy into the sytem he has in place and they're more than effective.

I thought about Lansing based off of how he's got ISU blue headed in the right direction, but I'd like to see a few more years from him and see what happens.

Lowery is a joke and would have been gone by now if SIU could afford it.

We don't know how good Jank can be since he refuses to play a competitive schedule.

I don't know enough about Ford or Lusk. But at least Ford has been a HC.

Simmons and Phelps don't do anything for me.

Mac would probably be my third choice, but he really hasn't had that much success in the grand scheme of things. But he has been solid. I'd like to see what he's able to do at Creighton for a few more years considering they have decent resources.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

definitely jacobson. think hes the best in the league. gets the most out of his guys and plays a smart effective style of basketball

Comment

With how little Jank has got out of his talent, I would say he's the last one I would want... and I want to like the Redbirds.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    I guess I'd go with Jacobson. The style of play isn't that exciting but the guy wins and gets his kids to buy into the sytem he has in place and they're more than effective.

I thought about Lansing based off of how he's got ISU blue headed in the right direction, but I'd like to see a few more years from him and see what happens.

Lowery is a joke and would have been gone by now if SIU could afford it.

We don't know how good Jank can be since he refuses to play a competitive schedule.

I don't know enough about Ford or Lusk. But at least Ford has been a HC.

Simmons and Phelps don't do anything for me.

Mac would probably be my third choice, but he really hasn't had that much success in the grand scheme of things. But he has been solid. I'd like to see what he's able to do at Creighton for a few more years considering they have decent resources.
                    With the exception of being quite impressed with what Simmons has done with very few resources at Evansville, this is pretty much how I feel as well.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      Did I mention today is Wacky Wednesday?
                      Although at least we could afford to fire him and hire a coach we'd like..

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                        With the exception of being quite impressed with what Simmons has done with very few resources at Evansville, this is pretty much how I feel as well.
                        Agree. Simmons is on the path to writing an amazing turn-around story.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'd go with Lansing just based off of last year. I really think Marty is a great coach, but I don't think he'll ever have the resources to be a contender. I also think Ford is really going to turn Bradley around, he seems like a good hire.

I'd take Lansing over Jacobson simply because I don't want to watch a bunch of floppers and boring basketball. Lusk and Mc are just kind of meh. Jankovich, Lowery, and Phelps are terrible.

Comment

Our coach is head and shoulders above the others. That said, Ben Jacobson is the only other coach I would trust for quality control.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

How about none of the above? I'm not impressed by any of them. Lowery used to impress me somewhat, but we've seen what happens in the past couple years when you get rid of the thugs from a basketball team.

Comment

Working...
                              X