WSU vs Houston Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Topshock

At least I have some demonstrated credentials in the area of talent evaluation. You can go on MVCFans and find the thread I started on Baker and VanVleet before they ever set one foot on a D1 court. I had watched every game VanVleet played in AAU ball the summer before he got to WSU and I was familiar with people who had watched Baker practice in his RS year. Then there's the thread I started on MVCFans about Shamet and McDuffie before Shamet had been converted to PG. That post was after Shamet's first 3 D1 games (the year he got hurt and took the medical), and he was certainly not an All-Star in those games. I can probably dig up the tweet to Shamet's mom saying he would be a special player after I watched him a few times before he ever set one foot on a D1 court.

What you got? I think all you got is a predisposition to 5* players and you have no appreciation or understanding of developing players who aren't potential one-and-done players from the day their sneakers hit a high school gym floor for the first time.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Topshock
      Topshock commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't have a clue. I saw Ron Baker in high school and knew he was special. Thought he would be all valley during his redshirt year.

• Rlh04d
      Rlh04d commented
      Editing a comment
      Amateurs. I saw FVV in preschool and knew he was an NBA player.

• Hell if this thread isn’t screaming for some Ron Burgandy memes.

Comment

• Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• But seriously, Topshock you may wanna slide below the surface for a while.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I guess I should take some responsibility for starting this fire. I started criticizing AM.

Clearly we are all part time talent evaluators and most of us are partial to our men in black and yellow. Can we not reasonably discuss our guys?

Whoever AM turns out to be, I think it's unfair to chastise those who are high or low on him. We're still fans, right?

Comment

• pogo
              pogo commented
              Editing a comment
              I have no problem with discussing a players short comings or those having a different opinion than mine, My problem with a discussion on a player starts when we as a group or as individuals either demean them or judge them to have no potential to succeed at their chosen sport or endeavor and say they have no reason to continue at WSU...that is where my problem is. We are all partial to our folks in black and yellow its just that sometimes my reasonable kind of discussion doesn't always meet the same criteria as others reasonable discussions. No hard feelings. And thats all I got to say about that.

• 11410593_658698087600041_1880715338_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTAzMjgyMDQ4OTI1OTYwMjQzMA%3D%3D.2.jpg
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 1f000f14e91441232dbb3be648ee8c14--bulletin-boards-calm-down.jpg
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
              X