No announcement yet.

Official #8 Wichita State vs UCONN Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the way the last month has gone, it may be a long year in the AAC.

Comment

• Road games are hard, I'll take another half just like this one with the same result and will happily call it a day.

​​​​Keep it rolling Shocks.

Comment

• I don't think we have to worry about McDuffie going to the NBA next year.

Comment

• RK a proud graduate of the EW School of Toughness!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

We're 6-13 from 3. That's not the problem. We are 6-18 inside the arc. That's horrible.
            Their length, us shooting fade away 12 footers instead of passing it back out, wild floaters, and posts inability to set in low leads to horrible.

Comment

• SM has disappeared as a block player. DW shooting fade aways. No paint offense. Guess that
              is why we shoot so many threes. Defense has been very good. No more shots for ZB or MM
              unless they are offensive put backs or drives. More looks for AR and CF. Jones not playing with
              any confidence. I think RN is the only legit down low post up player than can use both hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

We're 6-13 from 3. That's not the problem. We are 6-18 inside the arc. That's horrible.
                And we’re not doing well from the 15’ stripe, either.

Comment

• Never fear, Austin and Kelly are here. RK scores the first basket in this new Conference with the nice assist from LS. These 2 teams lead this Conference in throws. Today, UConn made their fair share, we did not. You like ugly? I was watching and could not even sneak up on a glass of wata to get a drink because it was just that ugly. Too many turnovers for us. We passed up some nice outside shots to only force passes to turnover our own selves. UConn has a nice stingy zone today. Shocks need to get use to the obvious strategy the ACC will throw at us all Season. A win here today is very possible because we have the better team. Even so, UConn is tough at home and so we must earn the W. I believe we will do just that and I don't give a rip if it is ugly, just win Shocks!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I’m sorry but there are a good number of people who don’t really understand basketball. We aren’t playing at the Top of our game right now but we are playing a team who played 35 minutes of even basketball AT Top 10 Arizona. At home, UCONN is certainly capable.

Our turnovers are certainly a concern. We are making some dumb mistakes and shouldn’t have 9 turnovers at half.

Comment

• Any team that doesn't play 40 minutes of zone against us is crazy. They completely take away our inside game and we look panicked against it.

Comment

• Lack of size inside is a problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        I’m sorry but there are a good number of people who don’t really understand basketball. We aren’t playing at the Top of our game right now but we are playing a team who played 35 minutes of even basketball AT Top 10 Arizona. At home, UCONN is certainly capable.

Our turnovers are certainly a concern. We are making some dumb mistakes and shouldn’t have 9 turnovers at half.
                        I’m not sure why you want to “insult” the posters here. I don’t see anyone who would disagree with any of the real information that you’ve written...that has already been written here.

Comment

• We have good 3 point shooters but they seem to think it’s better to pass into the trees than take an open 3. I would be fine with several of our guys doubling their 3 point attempts per game.

Comment

• Wrong guy continues to shoot the three.

Comment

• Go to Shaq and he bumbles it away.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X