Shockerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockerland View Post
    East Carolina basketball isn’t good, hasn’t been good, and shouldn’t even be in The American. Our 4 minute video preview of tonight’s game is now up. Go Shox!

https://www.shockerland.com/shockerl...w-1112018.html
    Great job Kyle and Billy. Keep it up guys!
    Go Shocks!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Shockerland
      Shockerland commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much! We have a lot of fun doing these, and we’re so glad so many people enjoy them.

Originally posted by Shockerland View Post
    East Carolina basketball isn’t good, hasn’t been good, and shouldn’t even be in The American. Our 4 minute video preview of tonight’s game is now up. Go Shox!

https://www.shockerland.com/shockerl...w-1112018.html
    ECU was not added to the AAC for their basketball. They were added as part of a quick fix for the loss of Louisville and Rutgers and football damaged control. Unfortunately, their football program has not been down of recent as well.

USF was simply part of the Big East breakup. They had football, so they became part of the AAC.

As a conference, the American will need to find ways to encourage schools to improve basketball.

Comment

That didn't work so well in the valley but then again they did have huge financial problems.

Comment

To continue the conversation, our video today asks the question, has The American been a disappointment so far? Did we expect too much from this young conference? Would love to hear what everyone thinks.

Comment

WSU has played the easiest conference schedule to date, and has the most difficult conference schedule remaining. I say let it breathe for a couple weeks.

Comment

• Shockerland
            Shockerland commented
            Editing a comment
            For sure. Playing USF and ECU back-to-back has given us a misrepresentation of the strength of this conference. I’m really looking forward to the upcoming games against SMU, Houston again, and UCF.

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          WSU has played the easiest conference schedule to date, and has the most difficult conference schedule remaining. I say let it breathe for a couple weeks.
          The upside to this schedule is getting McDuffie back closer to 100% before hitting the harder part.

Comment

Billy and I preview the game between No. 5 Wichita State (14-2) and Tulsa (10-7) and examine if this old-time rivalry can be reborn.

Comment

• another shocker
              another shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              keep up the good work, fella's.

i would expect tulsa (10-7) to play almost lights out tonight. 'hope i'm wrong and that the shocker defense snuffs them out.

Nice job. I think your point about the depth of the American was borne out well by this game. There are more better teams with better athletes in this conference that can rise up for a big opponent, especially in their own barn.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Shockerland
              Shockerland commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly. There aren’t many Top 25 teams this year, but there’s a lot of quality and depth.

• Shocker85
              Shocker85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Although, USF and ECU are worse than any MVC teams this year.

New Percentages Game video with 5 new topics. What are the chances WSU goes undefeated in The American? What are the chances this team has at least 3 NBA players on it? And more!

Comment

Undefeated 70%
              Name change 50% Even though I think it should be done myself
              Football back 0% Unless someone bankrolls it in perpetuity
              HCGM is still here in 3 years 100% Only a couple of jobs to leave for and they won't be hiring within that time frame.

Comment

• Shocker85
                Shocker85 commented
                Editing a comment
                Name change what?

• Shockerland
                Shockerland commented
                Editing a comment
                The Shockers are obviously great, but as we’re seeing, we’re getting each team’s best effort every game in conference. Can the Shox go undefeated? Absolutely. But I still see them dropping a couple. At Cincy, at SMU, at UCF, etc.

Shockers are down 1 with 20 seconds left. Who’s the guy to take the game-winning shot? Shamet? Frankamp? McDuffie?

What do you think?

Comment

A talented SMU team that’s on a 3-game losing streak is looking to get its mojo back by ending Wichita State’s 7-game winning streak. Watch the game preview here.

Comment

Houston is looking for revenge. The Shockers are looking to get back on track after their loss to SMU. Watch our video preview of tomorrow’s big game in The American.

Comment

It's time for another round of the Percentages Game. This week's topics include: the possibility of a Houston Rockets player at the Wichita State/Houston game, the chances the AAC title comes down to the final game, the likelihood of The American adding more basketball schools, and more!

Comment

The Shockers have lost two games in a row to SMU and Houston, but there’s no reason to worry. Everything will be fine. Check out the latest article on Shockerland.

Comment

Working...
                      X