Which camp are you in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which camp are you in?

We have two different camps of fans in Shocker country. Those who believe that a team should have no dips and valleys in their play and should play at a top level (maybe even perfect) the entire year (on a graph that level would be at the top of the continuum and flat line at the top the entire graph). Those fans would say they are believers in high expectations and the team is not reaching their potential if they don't meet that high level every time out. Those people are highly emotional and see only what should be and not what is.

Then there are those who believe that all teams show dips and valleys during the year and hopefully the graph spikes during Feb. and March. They would call themselves realists and believe that each year, the team is a work in progress that in the end, hopefully reaches it's full potential. These people are less apt to get too high and too low, no matter what is happening during the long season.

Good Luck Shox. This is a long season.

Camp Anawanna for life.

Comment

There are two types of fans: those who place people in one of two camps and those that don't.

Comment

I'm in the camp that says strawman arguments are silly, and that nuance exists.

Comment

• Shockm
          Shockm commented
          Editing a comment
          This is a discussion forum. Discuss your own opinion. The only straw man is your unwillingness to discuss other possibilities.

Did someone say strawman?
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Pretty reasonable to expect peaks and valleys when you factor in everything into the equation. It's so obvious that CJ and GH leaving has had such an impact and will take some time to overcome. Hopefully the assistants step up and start to fill in some of that void. Hopefully Coach Donnie Jones proves to be an invaluable asset with conference play coming up. If those things can happen, I think our perimeter defense will improve, errant passes and turnovers will decrease and we'll start to play as a team with 6 battle tested seniors.

I love what Darral Willis brings to this team and how he has stepped up, but I feel like we really need Shaq to start being Shaq again. I hope he can work his way back into the starting lineup because I really think we thrive when we establish dominance with him in the paint from the very start of the game.
          It seems like we always start slow every year and then really start to get in form during conference play, so I feel good about everything coming together. Conference play should be a blast.

Comment

Do the expected Valleys extend below C level? And what is C level?

Anyway, now that we're in the American, why are we discussing Valleys?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                You got to go to band camp? Gee willakers, all I ever got to go to was church camp.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• pogo
                  pogo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Met a great girl at church camp.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You got to go to band camp? Gee willakers, all I ever got to go to was church camp.
                That was wasted money.

Comment

I guess it's safe to say this thread is a bit on the campy side.

Comment

Only a Sith speaks in absolutes.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• wufan
                      wufan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Do or do not. There is no try...Yoda was a Sith.

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                    Only a Sith speaks in absolutes.
                    Did anybody else notice that Obi Wan, when uttering that very sentence, was speaking in an absolute manner?

Comment

• OregonShocker
                      OregonShocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      then he must die

I'm in Camp North Star.

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• BAShocker
                      BAShocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ...cause all the girls will still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they got all the money.

It just doesn’t matter. It just doesn’t matter.

Are we really going Team A & Team B?

Shockernetters of yore will will remember this schism, thankfully the current circumstance is more of a “good problem” and one that will soon pass when the fever of March Madness passes.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                    X