Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach

Is anyone else worried about him?

I’m worried about you worrying about him.

Is that about 10 consecutive posts on the subject?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

no

Comment

No, but I’m worried about some posters that seem to be obsessed about this.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

That he is passionate about the game and his team? NO...

Comment

He might of dialed it to 12 a few times ...Couldn't hurt to stay at 11 but until his players stop being extremely positive about playing for him .. I'm not worried.

Comment

• OregonShocker
              OregonShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree; unless we hear of Mike Rice Jr or Bob Knight like actions, I'm not concerned.

Of course NOT !!!!!!! This is another thread that needs to DIE asap

Comment

Adding my voice to the chorus of NO!

I'd be worried if he was completely chill and ok with giving up 50 in a half. He'll get this team on track. Anyone as competitive as him can do it.

Comment

I wouldn't say worried yet. He definitely needs to find some perspective and get recentered. The dude runs hot and that is OK, but he has boiled over enough times recently that the trend line is starting to move. One of the assistants needs to take on a role of whipping boy and let coach get some of that stuff out and buffer everyone else. Unfortunately, not a lot of history between GGG and the current crop of assistants. I would add to Stickboy46 about players being unhappy that assistants making lateral moves would also be an indicator of a real problem.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• OregonShocker
                  OregonShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I suspect perspective and recentering will occur once we start blowing people away the "old-fashioned" HCGM way: defense and rebounds. Oh, and free throws.

• ShockRef
                  ShockRef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good observation concerning lack of history of his staff. Enough about praise recently heaped on Jans - all deserved but no big secret there.
                  CJ made multiple contributions to the programs success. But none more important than the suggestions and calming effect he had on HCGM.
                  Big disclosure here - HCGM has a tendency to get a bit excited during games! Wow, big news huh!
                  This is where CJ truly made a difference. He not only had HCGM's confidence, but also had his ear during tough game decision times.

The current crop of assistants?

Good guys, but mostly a group of 'yes men' who sit there and let HCGM go, go and go some more. They either don't have the onions to step forward or have been told to know their role, sit there and look good.

Sure brings back memories of MT's days after TB. We shall see...

That is all.

LOL. No, I'm not worried.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

pinstripers A legitimate question and one that I will buck Shockernet conventional wisdom and say “yes, a little bit.” I’m not gravely concerned but I wish he would remain composed in public and lose his **** when they hit the locker room. Last night’s technical is not a factor in my seedling fear. That being said, I have full faith in our man Marshall.

Go Shocks!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                    I wouldn't say worried yet. He definitely needs to find some perspective and get recentered. The dude runs hot and that is OK, but he has boiled over enough times recently that the trend line is starting to move. One of the assistants needs to take on a role of whipping boy and let coach get some of that stuff out and buffer everyone else. Unfortunately, not a lot of history between GGG and the current crop of assistants. I would add to Stickboy46 about players being unhappy that assistants making lateral moves would also be an indicator of a real problem.
                    CJ's move was not lateral, GH's either I don't think. Also, had CJ's move come before GH's, GH might have been made HAC. I think the reason GH didn't get that before was a combination of length of service and experience of Forbes one time, CJ coming back the second.

Comment

This thread and question is utterly absurd. You have a top 25 team comprised of 7 seniors and 2 juniors and a red-shirt sophomore whose been in the program three years, you'd think all this experience, talent development and growth would pay dividends this year. While at times this team has parlayed this wealth of experience in-game, I don't blame HCGM for smoke coming out of his ears seeing the bone headed crap this team has also displayed too. WTH was Shaq doing last night? Did you see his lazy arse not blocking out under the rim? You've heard the old 'you can lead a horse to water' adage right?

It doesn't matter MM is out, this team has underwhelmed the entire season. It really does look and feel like this team is expecting teams to just lay down for them due to seeing the ranking next to Shockers. He sees it, we see it, and a senior laden team should not be performing like we have. I realize in today's society political correctness and treating people with pillow hands is the norm but damn, the overreaction is strong with a lot of folks on this board. I'd be concerned if HCGM wasn't pissed.

Comment

If I had to guess...
                        Not getting comfortable well-rested sleep due to a recovering shoulder surgery can make even the most awesomeness of people testy. I know when I don't sleep well for a few nights I can be a real *****. Try as I might...sometimes the irritability creeps out and my wife and kids run to the hills.

Coach is as competitve as they come and a real pro. Let him do what he does best and just keep him in your prayers. It's a long "recovery" on top of a long season. He needs and deserves the continued Shocker support. GO SHOCKS!!! GO SHOULDER!!!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I feel like some people haven’t been following Gregg the last 10 years. Does he go over the line sometimes? Obviously. But there is no point in hoping he tones it down because he’s not going to.

Comment

Working...
                          X