No announcement yet.

2017-18 TV Viewership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have to believe that with a national viewer ship Wichita will pick up casual fans every where across this fine land. We might even pick up some hard corp fans as well.

Comment

I'd be content with just having people stop asking me if the WSU on my hat is a new logo for Washington State!

Comment

But Orgonians don't pump their own gas so it can't be the noxious fumes that make them ask stupid questions.

Comment

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL!

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Prob some other "fumes" at work.

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        But Orgonians don't pump their own gas so it can't be the noxious fumes that make them ask stupid questions.
        I wonder what cost per gallon is added on for the service of installing the petrol?
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Individually it doesn't amount to much. We all have hybrids; or ride our bikes! :-)

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
        I'd be content with just having people stop asking me if the WSU on my hat is a new logo for Washington State!
        "Ewww, no! Isn't that a D2 school?"
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The Wichita State vs. UCF game on Thursday night drew 268K viewers on ESPN 2. It appears to be the second most watched college basketball game on Thursday night, although it was a distant second as the Michigan vs. Purdue game on ESPN drew over 1 million viewers. Our game was the only AAC game on Thursday night that made the list of top 150 shows on cable TV: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...1-25-2018.html
          Last edited by shocker3; January 27, 2018, 05:10 AM.

Comment

The Wichita State @Temple game on Thursday night drew 409K viewers on ESPN 2. http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...-2-1-2018.html

Comment

The Cable top 150 ratings are out for Saturday. The Shockers vs. UConn game drew 282K viewers. That appears to be the 7th highest rated college basketball game on cable on Saturday. Not great ratings, but not bad either. There were a lot of games on TV on Saturday and the majority of them didn't make the top 150. For comparison, the Mississippi St vs. Missouri game that was on espn2 at 1pm drew 263K viewers and the K-State vs. Texas Tech that was on during primetime on espnU drew 232K viewers.

Comment

The Temple at Wichita State game drew 299K viewers on Thursday night. It was the third most watched college basketball game on Thursday, behind the Purdue-Wisconsin and Arizona-Arizona St games both of which were on espn. None of the other college basketball games made the Cable Top 150 shows. http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...2-15-2018.html

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And from a entertainment perspective that game would have been hard to beat.

Aresco is gonna have a lot of material to show TV execs why bringing us into the league has been good for ratings.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I came across this chart "NCAA MENS FINAL FOUR RATINGS HUB". The Shockers game against Louisville TV ratings compare very well historically against the other national semifinal games played in the early time slot. The 2013 WSU-Louisville game drew 14.469 million viewers which was 561K more viewers than the Louisville-Kentucky game in the same time slot the year before. In fact there are only 3 national semi-final games played in the early time slot that drew more than our game: 2005 Illinois-Louisville 15.657 M, 2015 Duke-Michigan 15.307 M, and the 2017 Gonzaga-So. Carolina 14.683 M. http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/ncaa...s-cbs-tbs-nbc/

The most watched national championship game is still the Michigan St vs. Indiana State game in 1979 which drew 35.110 M viewers.

Comment

The Cincy game on Sunday drew 758K viewers. It was the highest rated college basketball game on cable TV on Sunday and second highest overall. The only game this Sunday that drew higher ratings was Ohio St.-Michigan which drew nearly 2 million viewers on CBS.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...2-18-2018.html
                    Last edited by shocker3; February 21, 2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                      The only game this Sunday that drew higher ratings was Ohio St.-Michigan which drew nearly 2 million viewers on CBS.[/URL]
                      Interesting comparison in about a week.

Comment

This is from the AAC board. It is a table with TV ratings for AAC games in 2017-18.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like lawagner21.
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Last edited by shocker3; February 24, 2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                          ShockTalk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          WSU in 12 of the first 23 games. Not bad. Not bad at all.

• shocker3
                          shocker3 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It looks like the 591K for the WSU/SMU game would slide in at #8 on the AAC list. Also the UConn-Memphis game this weekend drew 233K viewers, sliding in at a tie for #29 on that list.

591,000 viewers for WSU/SMU on Saturday with ESPN. Tenth most-watched basketball game of the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                        X