No announcement yet.

Stripe the Arena - January 4th vs Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But seriously, are people going to go to the AD about this? This would be a colossal mistake in what's supposed to be a historic day. I'm really hoping people respond back about this because white? Seriously? White WSU t-shirts? Are they out of their effing MINDS? Who the hell comes up with this ****?

What was so bad about the last stripe out in 2014? Did they feel they could make it better.... by adding WHITE?

Unfreakingbelievable.
    Last edited by ShockerFever; December 12, 2017, 11:06 PM.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      But seriously, are people going to go to the AD about this? This would be a colossal mistake in what's supposed to be a historic day. I'm really hoping people respond back about this because white? Seriously? White WSU t-shirts? Are the out of their effing MINDS? Who the hell comes up with this ****?

What was so bad about the last stripe out in 2014? Did they feel they could make it better.... by adding WHITE?

Unfreakingbelievable.
      Totally agree, Fev. Anyone on this board who believes this to be a bad idea should email the athletic department. If no response there, email Taylor with the paper. He might run a story if he was getting a lot of emails regarding this.

Comment

I’ll tweet the president. This madness must be stopped st all cost.

Comment

Who gives a ****? Are you people in Junior high? Let's all get upset and write letters to the athletic department. The only thing lamer than dressing up your crowd in uniforms is complaining about the colors. If you want to wear uniforms to a game you should join a marching band. Whiteouts/ Blackouts/Stripeouts are really cool......if you're about 10 years old.
          I know, maybe you guys can organize one of those deals where everybody holds up a big card at the same time and it will make a cool geometric design. "Damn. My card is white. I wanted black! I'm gonna write a nasty letter to the athletic department. Maybe Taylor Eldridge can get me a black card. At least yellow. Unfreakingbelievable!!!!"
          Last edited by Zubcut; December 13, 2017, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• DUShock
            DUShock commented
            Editing a comment
            So you're saying the idea/concept of striping is a bad idea if one is over 10 years old?

• ShockCrazy
            ShockCrazy commented
            Editing a comment
            You must be fun at parties.

• MTXEShox
            MTXEShox commented
            Editing a comment
            "Lighten up Francis"

Definitely overthinking it.

I assume i can wear a white dress shirt...

Comment

Actually I couldn't get any sleep last night because of these clothing and color issues. It had me tied in knots.

Comment

The 2014 Stripe game was really cool. I think they are just trying something different. No harm in that. I am in a yellow section, so I'm
              good. That said, white would be doable for me. I don’t have many white WSU shirts but do have a couple. Like proshox said, a simple white dress shirt will do the trick.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
                Who gives a ****? Are you people in Junior high? Let's all get upset and write letters to the athletic department. The only thing lamer than dressing up your crowd in uniforms is complaining about the colors. If you want to wear uniforms to a game you should join a marching band. Whiteouts/ Blackouts/Stripeouts are really cool......if you're about 10 years old.
                I know, maybe you guys can organize one of those deals where everybody holds up a big card at the same time and it will make a cool geometric design. "Damn. My card is white. I wanted black! I'm gonna write a nasty letter to the athletic department. Maybe Taylor Eldridge can get me a black card. At least yellow. Unfreakingbelievable!!!!"
                So you’re bitching about people who are complaining about the colors of this thing and then bitching about the event yourself?

Do you even have tickets to Koch Arena? If not, then STFU.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So you’re bitching about people who are complaining about the colors of this thing and then bitching about the event yourself?

Do you even have tickets to Koch Arena? If not, then STFU.
                  They're both stupid. Ooooh. Tough guy.

Comment

Can’t we just love one another?
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Just when I thought that nobody on earth could **** up a freaking color-out...

Creighton could mess it up with a "stripe-out" where everyone had to wear the striped overalls(of which one is two too many).
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

If it weren't for the fact that white Shocker gear just isn't as prominent, I don't think it would look that bad.

Image result for maryland stripe out game

Looked alright when the Terps did it. I think it's well intentioned, and that they're just trying to step their game up by making it a tri-color stripe-out... they're just overlooking the fact 80% of the stuff that's sold is either yellow or black.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          If it weren't for the fact that white Shocker gear just isn't as prominent, I don't think it would look that bad.

Image result for maryland stripe out game

Looked alright when the Terps did it. I think it's well intentioned, and that they're just trying to step their game up by making it a tri-color stripe-out... they're just overlooking the fact 80% of the stuff that's sold is either yellow or black.
                          BINGO!
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Those that are concerned should just wear a color inconsistent with the rest of their section. That way they can call attention to themselves and their cause.

Face it, there aren't 10,000 people on Shockernet so the arguments are like a bean fart in a tornado.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

wusphlash It isn't the tri-color that is the issue. Most, if not all, think it is a really cool idea but the lack of white Shocker apparel is the issue. And yes, I will wear what I always wear, which is something "Wichita State" or WU branded. I will wear a gray pull over, of course sitting in row 24 means that the likelihood of anyone seeing my "off" color is slim. Now my parents, son, and wife, I don't know if they have anything WSU/WU that is white. Again, it is not the idea but the lack of WSU/WU apparel options.
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• wusphlash
                                wusphlash commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Fortunately for me I have several white polos. Since I'm in a white section I'll have to use one but I could possibly rent out the others.

Seriously, I just get tired of the same people bitching about every little thing that doesn't suit them, and they do it ad nauseum. Peace.
                            Working...
                            X