Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
    They're both stupid. Ooooh. Tough guy.
    Not stupid enough to come in to the thread and chime in on the subject.

So the answer to my question would then be “no”. So STFU.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      If it weren't for the fact that white Shocker gear just isn't as prominent, I don't think it would look that bad.

Image result for maryland stripe out game

Looked alright when the Terps did it. I think it's well intentioned, and that they're just trying to step their game up by making it a tri-color stripe-out... they're just overlooking the fact 80% of the stuff that's sold is either yellow or black.
      Looks like shirts were provided to them which makes the task a lot easier.

Is WSU providing shirts for this? Otherwise, white makes absolutely zero sense.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Walker
        Walker commented
        Editing a comment
        Good catch, I didn't see at first they were all the same shirts. They've definitely goofed on this a little with the white gear thing. The squeaky wheel is the one that gets oiled, and seems like the majority are pretty unhappy about this, I bet they fix it.

Who gives a ****? Are you people in Junior high? Let's all get upset and write letters to the athletic department. The only thing lamer than dressing up your crowd in uniforms is complaining about the colors. If you want to wear uniforms to a game you should join a marching band. Whiteouts/ Blackouts/Stripeouts are really cool......if you're about 10 years old.
      I know, maybe you guys can organize one of those deals where everybody holds up a big card at the same time and it will make a cool geometric design. "Damn. My card is white. I wanted black! I'm gonna write a nasty letter to the athletic department. Maybe Taylor Eldridge can get me a black card. At least yellow. Unfreakingbelievable!!!!"
      They're both stupid. Ooooh. Tough guy.
      To answer your first question all you have to do is read the thread. I think most anyone could do that. To answer your second question and the rest of your post, try something other than insults.
      Don't like the thread, you should have stopped reading it long ago.
      Speak of a "tough guy" behind the keyboard. Look in a mirror.

By the way, you didn't answer Fev's question. As for me, yes. I think after decades of contributions and season tickets I've earned making a comment or suggestion to the athletic department.

Comment

I have a white final four T-shirt.

I bet the athletic department has thought this through. I bet u will find T-shirt laid out on every seat in the arena with the appropriate color.

Comment

• WuShock16
          WuShock16 commented
          Editing a comment
          The only problem with putting shirts on chairs is that you don't necessarily know who is sitting there. One size does not fit all. You don't want to put a small shirt on a seat of not-so-small people like me, and you don't want to offend slender people with a XL (or bigger) shirt.

For other t-shirt games, there have been tables at the door that have handed out shirts, but I wouldn't advise just putting shirts on chairs.

As mentioned, the 2014 Stripe Game was cool because Shocker fans did this on their own without getting the shirt at the door.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Looks like shirts were provided to them which makes the task a lot easier.

Is WSU providing shirts for this? Otherwise, white makes absolutely zero sense.
        Fever, you're right...shirts were clearly provided for that one and when KU did it a couple years ago they also provided shirts. In that same season we did the stripes at CKA without providing shirts so IMHO ours looked 100x better.

For those of you complaining about people complaining....The reason is because we're going to be on national TV and we're proud Shocker fans. We don't want our striping effort to look like some 3rd rate attempt that went horribly wrong. I'm not in a white section, but if I were my 6 seats would not have Shocker gear on...I own 1 white shocker polo, my wife and kids would have to throw on wife beaters to match the color scheme. There's nothing wrong with people wanting Shocker Nation to look good on TV.

Comment

Come to think of it I do have 1 white polo with a WuShock logo on it. However, I would be in a yellow section. As others have pointed out it doesn't have to be WSU branded shirt. It just has to be white. This is doable for the great majority of people. If you need a Shocker logo they sell those stick on WuShock logos in the gift shop. And they stick really good. Had a heck of time pulling that off my granddaughter's cheek (the one on her face).

Come on folks. We are Shocker fans. We adapt, we improvise, we overcome.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 13, 2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

It seems like most schools that do this sort of thing give out the shirts at the game to make it work. WSU didn't do that for the stripe game in 14 and it worked out fine but I think that's the solution this time for at least the white sections. Asking 3500 people to go out and buy white shocker gear on top of what they already pay to attend games is crap.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              It seems like most schools that do this sort of thing give out the shirts at the game to make it work. WSU didn't do that for the stripe game in 14 and it worked out fine but I think that's the solution this time for at least the white sections. Asking 3500 people to go out and buy white shocker gear on top of what they already pay to attend games is crap.
              My personal opinion is that if they are going to spend $10,000-$15,000 on 3,000 T-Shirts I would rather just forget the stripe-out and have a promotion-out game. Give the Pep Band free reign and see how that goes. Of course, that's a whole other thread.

Comment

I'm becoming convinced this is a collaboration orchestrated by Tad's Locker room to sell more shirts. Particularly white ones.

Someone who lives in town, go into Tad's and see if they've stocked up on white shirts everywhere. We need to get to the bottom of this.

/sarcasm

Comment

• Walker
                  Walker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL genius post Black Friday sales generating scheme!

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                If it weren't for the fact that white Shocker gear just isn't as prominent, I don't think it would look that bad.

Image result for maryland stripe out game

Looked alright when the Terps did it. I think it's well intentioned, and that they're just trying to step their game up by making it a tri-color stripe-out... they're just overlooking the fact 80% of the stuff that's sold is either yellow or black.
                Considering that picture shows everyone with the same shirt ... safe to assume they provided those shirts. That would make it a tad bit easier

Comment

• Walker
                  Walker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah Fever pointed that out too, I didn't notice that at first. I still think if there weren't an issue of a lack of white gear it could still look pretty badass but the same shirts makes it look better than it would without that.

Originally posted by martymoose View Post

Fever, you're right...shirts were clearly provided for that one and when KU did it a couple years ago they also provided shirts. In that same season we did the stripes at CKA without providing shirts so IMHO ours looked 100x better.

For those of you complaining about people complaining....The reason is because we're going to be on national TV and we're proud Shocker fans. We don't want our striping effort to look like some 3rd rate attempt that went horribly wrong. I'm not in a white section, but if I were my 6 seats would not have Shocker gear on...I own 1 white shocker polo, my wife and kids would have to throw on wife beaters to match the color scheme. There's nothing wrong with people wanting Shocker Nation to look good on TV.
                This.

I can’t believe how people overcomplicate things.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Come to think of it I do have 1 white polo with a WuShock logo on it. However, I would be in a yellow section. As others have pointed out it doesn't have to be WSU branded shirt. It just has to be white. This is doable for the great majority of people. If you need a Shocker logo they sell those stick on WuShock logos in the gift shop. And they stick really good. Had a heck of time pulling that off my granddaughter's cheek (the one on her face).

Come on folks. We are Shocker fans. We adapt, we improvise, we overcome.
                  So you want 1/3 of the fans to come to the game without Shocker gear on? And then have them turn around and have them flood the gift shop with an overpriced decal to slap on it?

Isnt there a more simple solution for all of this?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    People could not care less what I want them to do. They can do what they want. I seem numerous fans at the games that do not wear Shocker branded gear. As far as I can tell it does not impact there ability to cheer for the team. If you are in a white section and need Shocker branded white gear you have time to get it.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 13, 2017, 12:57 PM.

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The easiest solution was to.....not create a problem that needed a solution.

• ShockerFever
                    ShockerFever commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Exactly. Why pick a WSU themed color that nobody has any of?

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  bean fart in a tornado.
                  You clearly have never been around me after I've eaten beans. A tornado would be like taking Doc Brown's amplifier and cranking it up to 10.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I have a white Shockers t-shirt. I don't remember how, where, or when I got it. The problem with white Shocker gear is that it won't show as a white shirt. The word "Shockers" and the WuShock on the front of my shirt are so big there's hardly any white on the front of the shirt.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                      For those of you complaining about people complaining....
                      I’m not complaining about people complaining. I’m complaining about people complaining about people complaining.
                      :)

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                      X