• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KU Fan

Classic post-meltdown post by KU Fan on phog.net:

EarthdogFred 41086 posts

11 hours ago
    THE GOOD.

1. The Pac-12 has no interest in us and, even if it did, Zenger would screw it up. What a relief. Stanford. Oregon. Washington. Arizona State. It's doubtful we would ever win a game in that conference, or any other P4 conference for that matter. Fortunately, the Big 12 schedule is just around the corner.

2. During his time at KU, and particularly in recent years, there hasn't been a better dumpster diver in all of college basketball than Bill Self. Transfers. Decommits. Fifth year seniors. Questionable character guys. Academic question marks. No one works the trash heap quite like Mr. Bill.

3. The Flock deserves some credit for final recognizing that which should have been obvious before the season even starter. Azubuike is just an enormous mound of flesh, utterly lacking in anything remotely resembling a basketball skill. Newman is an extremely poor man's Josh Selby, or Svi without a jump shot. And Svi, poor Svi. He's finally come of age and still lacks the athleticism to play junior high ball. But the dude is money from the corner at home against Toledo.

THE BAD.

1. Unfortunately, we still have Stanford on the schedule. On the bright side, Stanford will have "Floor Burns" on the sideline, assuming they can tear him away from the pre-game buffet table. So we have a chance to break the Pac-12 losing streak. To ensure a victory we may need to send Gurley to the buffet to box him out.

2. Even the best dumpster divers occasionally pick up a bad piece of leftover salmon.

3. Pritchard was correct about Newman. He will be insufferable.

THE UGLY.

1. The Flock has correctly identified Lagerald Vick as being the best player on the team. They have failed, however, to recognize what that says about the rest of our lads, particularly Devonte "Small Game" Graham.

2. Dumpster diving behind a discount sushi restaurant in the suburbs of Biloxi, Mississippi and Memphis, Tennessee is destined to end badly.

3. It takes exactly five minutes to determine whether someone legitimately owns a car. Five minutes. Not five days, five games, or five weeks. Just five minutes. Consider the implications of that as you enjoy the Lightfoot Experience.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Lol it’s so glorious. Wonder how much longer until we find out Adidas paid that dude’s car that was in the “incident”.

Comment

That was quite an outburst. I never read other boards, so I have no way of knowing what sort of reaction EarthdogFred gets on the Phog; but with 41000+ posts he certainly has some seniority, and he does not sound happy with the Chockenhawk program these days.

Comment

Funny and all and trust me: no one hates KU t-shirt fan more than me. But we have the number 3 team in the nation getting ready to take on a pretty salty OU squad in a sold-out arena on Saturday afternoon on national TV. I'm pretty interested in that. I'm also interested in the fact that unless Cincinnati is allowed to go 2008 Saluki, they can't play basketball with us and we are looking good heading into conference. Now, when KU loses the Big 12 to TCU, WVU or OU or somesuch this year, please feel free to start numerous threads and I will gladly engage in the schadenfreude.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          Funny and all and trust me: no one hates KU t-shirt fan more than me. But we have the number 3 team in the nation getting ready to take on a pretty salty OU squad in a sold-out arena on Saturday afternoon on national TV. I'm pretty interested in that. I'm also interested in the fact that unless Cincinnati is allowed to go 2008 Saluki, they can't play basketball with us and we are looking good heading into conference. Now, when KU loses the Big 12 to TCU, WVU or OU or somesuch this year, please feel free to start numerous threads and I will gladly engage in the schadenfreude.
          I hate it when we have a week off. It seems we always come out cold. I dont think we can get away with that this week.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• pogo
            pogo commented
            Editing a comment
            But we have come out cold the last couple of weeks with no time off. I think we come out red hot. Of course most of my friends (my dog actually) think I am just plain crazy.

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          KU fan said it, not me. Subject to the guidelines of this board and direction from the mods, I will post whatever I would like to share whenever I would like to do so. If you don't like it, don't read it.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
            ShockdaWorld commented
            Editing a comment
            I greatly enjoy this post. Nothing else to do for a week, so we may as well be entertained as much as we can, even if it is by KU "fan". Thanks.

This is incredible stuff that looks like it was written by a troll. I'm guessing KU fans are wising up to what they actually have as a team this year.

And since there's nothing to do until Saturday, I'll read this kind of stuff to entertain myself until game time.

Comment

I've been around the boards for awhile and used to visit phog a little, especially after they would lose. EarthDogFred has been there a long time and from what I recall has been their "negative Nancy", contrarian, etc. So seeing that post of his doesn't suprise me at all.

This topic is probably best placed in "Around the NCAA", but I'm ok with an anti-KU thread from time to time. I'll defer to other mods on this one.

Comment

I've been visiting as well. It's fun.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  I've been around the boards for awhile and used to visit phog a little, especially after they would lose. EarthDogFred has been there a long time and from what I recall has been their "negative Nancy", contrarian, etc. So seeing that post of his doesn't suprise me at all.

This topic is probably best placed in "Around the NCAA", but I'm ok with an anti-KU thread from time to time. I'll defer to other mods on this one.
                  Yea EDF is always negative a la KCShox
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Damn Bobb, do you really think that taking timeout to ridicule KU is going to hurt our chances to win this weekend? Tell you what amigo, I'm gonna skip practice today so I can spend some time on the phog.
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                      Damn Bobb, do you really think that taking timeout to ridicule KU is going to hurt our chances to win this weekend? Tell you what amigo, I'm gonna skip practice today so I can spend some time on the phog.
                      rest up, we need you at full strength on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

rest up, we need you at full strength on Saturday
                        Just make sure you don't get caught looking ahead to next week.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Somehow or another, this is all Perry Ellis's fault.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                            Cdizzle commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ah, what could have been. What actually was turned out pretty well for all parties. But what could have been.

A cautionary tale to local talent. Be the scapegoat of an underachieving program, or be the hometown hero. I'm intrigued by the reports of young local HS talent. The timing is right. All kids that age have known is that WSU basketball is nationally relevant. Let that sink in.

• WuShock16
                            WuShock16 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Interesting point, Cdizzle. Kids who are in eighth grade now were kindergartners when WSU started its streak of 25-win seasons. Current high school kids might vaguely remember 3G's first two years, but for the most part, they've always known WSU to be good or even really, really good.
                        Working...
                        X