Mantas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mantas

What wrong with him? I guess my best guess is prolly confidence and getting settled in.
    Discuss
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

IMO its more of a confidence issue right now because when u watch him shot the ball in a game he hessitates and that tells me that hes scared hes goin to miss
    ShockerNut 2305

Comment

I still think we should start him the next couple of games. See if the xhock gets him untrtacked.

Comment

ya i agree with u maybee it will wake him up because when u watch him in warmups hes lights out so its just taking into the game
        ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Originally posted by benishock
          I still think we should start him the next couple of games. See if the xhock gets him untrtacked.
          Start him over??? Phil?? Ramon?? Give me a break! I'll file this one under the "Bench Cooz and Brauer." heading.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by benishock

Just because you start someone doesn't mean he's suddenly going to play lights out or get him untracked. He plays too passively, something that needs to change if he wants to start or get more minutes.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

If anyone deserves to start its JT Durley
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I would start him, bench Mekel and move PJ to the 2. This is certainly not guaranteed to work, but it might be worth a try. Not necessarily a permanent move.

Comment

Gee, and I always thought you started someone because they deserved it by proving their worth, not to kick-start someone who is not producing.

Why don't we just start all the guys who haven't got their act together yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                    Gee, and I always thought you started someone because they deserved it by proving their worth, not to kick-start someone who is not producing.

Why don't we just start all the guys who haven't got their act together yet?
                    Starting is usually determined in practice, not by how many points or rebounds are accumulated in a game.

I'm not saying Griskenas should or shouldn't start. He could be a helluva practice player, but as was implied before he just hasn't gotten his confidence when the lights are turned on for real yet.

Some players do better coming off the bench, and we need an offensive spark off the bench (Durley?).

Comment

Mantas has TREMENDOUS tools. He needs a sports psychologist and yesterday!

T

...8)

Comment

As someone who has seen Mantas when he gets going...I can assure you he will be fine.

I think alot of it has to do with adapting to yet another environment, and a rabid fan base.

Give him time, and he will get more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                          If anyone deserves to start its JT Durley
                          AMEN!!!!!
                          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

The guy doesn't need a psychologist, he needs an exorcist. He's got some kind of game-time jinx. Mantas' misses are closer to going in than some of JTD's makes.
                            I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Maybe he should make an offering to Jobu. If Jobu can help bats perhaps he can help MG's ball go into the basket. Just a thought. If I were MG I would be open to just about anything right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X