Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opportunities

coach and shockernet:

i'm up for any of the following home and home scenarios to fill our last date, even if we have to start on the road:

arizona
    new mexico
    kansas state
    southern cal

do you shockernetters agree?

I like to moan about the schedule probably more than anyone, but do you really think any team on that list besides maybe New Mexico would return our call for a home and home?

Comment

No BCS school will break their pact and schedule WSU.

Comment

I'm gonna sound like a BCSer saying this, but I wouldn't play New Mexico at their home.

Unless we got a lopsided deal like a 2-1.

New Mexico has one of the most renowned home court advantages. (The Pit) I think the odds that we lose would be relatively high.

If we are gonna lose on the road, I want it to be against a bigger name or a surefire NCAA tourney team.

I think this is probably the same logic that KU uses on us. And it makes a lot of sense IMO.
        veni, vidi, vici

Comment

I don't know why we can't get a home and home with someone like Dayton.

Comment

A loss by Dayton to WSU (or a loss by WSU to Dayton) is like a Bracket Buster game. It could be an NCAA elimination game.

We can't lay all the blame on our supposed opponents. I don't know if Marshall would go for a home-and-home against Dayton - or a similar school.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We had the schedule to get into the tourney last year. We just didnt win the games.
              YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                I'm gonna sound like a BCSer saying this, but I wouldn't play New Mexico at their home.

Unless we got a lopsided deal like a 2-1.

New Mexico has one of the most renowned home court advantages. (The Pit) I think the odds that we lose would be relatively high.

If we are gonna lose on the road, I want it to be against a bigger name or a surefire NCAA tourney team.

I think this is probably the same logic that KU uses on us. And it makes a lot of sense IMO.
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

With the pit being so 'renowned', I'm sure the selection comittee knows about it and would take that into consideration. The problem with wanting a bigger name or surefire NCAA team is they do not want us based on the same reasoning you mention here.

Comment

I would LOVE a H/H with New Mexico.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We might as well schedule a Home and Home with New Mexico otherwise we might be looking at a 1-and-done in The Pit as part of the MWC/MVC Challenge.

Comment

Working...
                    X