Stillwater Game Day Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post

i guess when you have T. Boone Pickens bankrolling your program, you don’t have to do promotions. :)
    My post was tongue in cheek, since all the time we see comments from outsiders that the Koch’s are bankrolling WSU as if there is no other financial support which we all know is patently false. Trust me, I’m all for eliminating the ridiculous promotions.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Hideaway pizza. If you ever find a reason to go back to Stillwater, I highly recommend it.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• ShockerPhi
        ShockerPhi commented
        Editing a comment
        They're also scattered around OKC and Tulsa as well if you ever visit those towns.

Had a great time at and around the game. OSU people were all nice. Was nice to see Eddie Sutton recognized and cool that the Shocker fans joined in the ovation.

Comment

Originally posted by Power Outlet View Post
        Had a great time at and around the game. OSU people were all nice. Was nice to see Eddie Sutton recognized and cool that the Shocker fans joined in the ovation.
        Ditto! I brought my dad to the game, and he has very fond memories of the Sutton era. We both partook in the ovation.

It's been said on here before, but a couple pointers if you're ever traveling to Stillwater:

1- Short, enjoyable drive. From Kellogg and I35, it will take you 1hr 35min to get to Stillwater, and an additional 10 to get to the stadium-- not bad at all.

2- Park anywhere you want. If the sign says, "NO GAMEDAY PARKING," that's for football. Pretty much just do what everyone else is doing

3- The upper-bowl seats are steep! I saw a couple elderly Shock fans having difficulty with the steps.

4- I really like the student section on both ends. I know this isn't doable at CKA, but still cool to hear the back and forth between the two ends.

5- Campus is really big, and really pretty. I love red brick, so I'm biased.

6- Far better usage of the media timeouts. I actually found myself kinda liking the hype man in the stupid glasses.

7- Holy hell their PA system is loud.

8- If you're debating making this trip ever, do it.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Coach Underwood had a really solid squad at Stephen F. Austin in downtown Nacogdoches, Tx his last Season there and beat W. Virginia at the Dance and lost to ND 76-75 in a squeaker. That springboarded him to Oklahoma State where his squad did defeat our Shocks, went 20-13, but lost their last 4 games including a Dance loss against Michigan, 92-91. Now at Illinois, they are 7-4 but have lost 4 of their last 5 games to the tougher teams they have faced this Season. I'm thinking Illinois will give him a fair look on board to see what happens moving forward.
          Underwood left because he was being paid very little. This is why they are going through coaches like crazy. They do not pay like a big time program. So maybe you get what you pay for. No ads, not enough money for the coach. alot of ads, and you get marshall? I still think wsu has to find a way to get out of so many ads and improve the atmosphere

Comment

I noticed that the promotions were much shorter ie instead of getting multiple shots at the basket they were limited to one try and they ran several promotions at half time rather during the game. did not care for the MC but he kept things moving along.

Comment

The atmosphere isn't bad. The ads sometimes just suck the air, flow and momentum out of the sopportive crowd. If it happens once, we can live with it. The he last game, it happened three times where the crowd was willing with the right music to stand up/cheer through the entire timeout and the momentum was sucked out of the crowd and team.

Comment

Working...
              X