WSU at OSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
    Apart from DW replacing the scoring of Shaq, it looks life our offensive was unorganized and our stars had to step up. Who knew.
    Yeah, disorganized offense lands you in the #1 spot in the country in road games. Good take.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• If you told me Shaq would only score 3 points in the game and the team turned it over 19 times, I would've said we lost. Nice way to overcome those fails and get the big W.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        In some ways -- turning the Shocks over and limiting WSU's inside game, which has been a big factor so far -- the Pokies did exactly what they set out to do. And yet the Shocks weathered the storm and eventually took command, all without McDuffie. Very impressive.

• Ugly 1st half, but really gritty effort. Shamet, obviously a winner. Willis had a strong effort tonight. Wait until our leading scorer and best defender come back. This team is solid.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yeah, disorganized offense lands you in the #1 spot in the country in road games. Good take.
        Here are the final Four Factors from Wichita State's 78-66 victory at Oklahoma State.

Shockers close with their best offensive half of basketball this season at 1.49 PPP in the 2nd half. https://t.co/2IhalOXy45

I'll take 1.49 PPP

Comment

• This team. I swear.

This team.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Here are the final Four Factors from Wichita State's 78-66 victory at Oklahoma State.

Shockers close with their best offensive half of basketball this season at 1.49 PPP in the 2nd half. https://t.co/2IhalOXy45

I'll take 1.49 PPP
            But it LOOKED disorganized. We cant just win, we have to look pretty doing it.

Oh, wait. We aren’t in the Valley anymore.

Comment

• Were the Poke’s fans civil?

Comment

• I_Vector_Wu
                I_Vector_Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                Very, congratulated us on the win, a couple said they’ll root for us the rest of the way. Baylor fans and ushers very friendly too.

• WheatShock
                WheatShock commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, had nice conversations with several. They all wanted to know why KU & KSU won't play us.

• I would just like to say that in the here and now, Conner Frankamp starts and stars for THE best team in the state of Kansas and one of the best teams in the country.

Contrary to the average ku fan (and coach) there can be more to basketball than dunking, random criminal activity and paying players and their families. But keep on keepin on the jayhawk way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                Were the Poke’s fans civil?
                Didn’t see any issues but Shocker fans were the large majority in my section and surrounding ones.

Comment

• Take away 10 turnovers, and we win this one by 30.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's roughly the number of turnovers invented by the refs today. Not kidding.

• 2-0 in true road games against the #1 RPI conference. You're kidding yourself if you don't think we'd be the most likely to win the B12. We ARE elite. And still getting McDuffie back.

Comment

• wufan
                    wufan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No wonder KU always wins the Big IIX...it ain’t that hard.

• I feel like this team plays a lot like how Mayweather boxes (whatever your opinion may be of him). The opponent comes out punching hard to start, then gasses out, then we strike for the win.

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Comment

• Originally posted by Retired_Wu View Post
                    I feel like this team plays a lot like how Mayweather boxes (whatever your opinion may be of him). The opponent comes out punching hard to start, then gasses out, then we strike for the win.

Welcome! Glad to have you!
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Retired_Wu View Post
                      I feel like this team plays a lot like how Mayweather boxes (whatever your opinion may be of him). The opponent comes out punching hard to start, then gasses out, then we strike for the win.

And we were missing 1.5 of our depth!

Comment

• Fev is right. This team. Team is unbelievably unselfish. Still work on progress. Wait till March-April !

Comment

Working...
                        X