Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

“Not a state”
    Yet another student section that doesn't understand the concept of a state university system. Sounds like those kids aren't getting what they paid for out of that pricey private education.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Anyone know what they were chanting when Willis shot free throws?
      "Block that kick" and, on the rare occasions he hit the front end, it was "Kick that block" for the second FT.

Comment

• Gotta admit, I didn't have 100% confidence in our chances in a very hostile arena, a place where few opposing teams come out victorious. And there were times during the last few minutes that I was worried we would let yet another one slip from our grasp. But what a gutty, tough-nosed and gritty win that was and I'm certainly ready to sit down and eat my words after predicting a loss. I love being wrong in these cases.

It was really good to see Conner actually hunting his shots and then actually taking them, no hesitation. Hope to see more of this the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
        Vital hurt his ankle after a drive to the basket when he fell down with Morris, a 6-foot-8, 279-pound center, on top of him. The Baylor freshman said he will receive treatment on it, but doesn't expect to miss any time.

"Shaq is a big dude. I hit him one play and bounced right off of him," Vital said with a laugh.

Shaq Wall.
        I winced when Shaq came down on the kid's ankle. He was very lucky to have walked away from that near disaster.

Comment

• Was most pleasantly surprised this morning when I opened the sports page of the Daytona Beach News Journal and saw a huge 8 by 6 inch photo (which dominated the entire page), of Shaq shooting over J Lual-Acull. Certainly not the only thing as we are a Top 10 team, but it is also very likely that being in a conference with two Florida schools will reap us notoriety benefits within state as well. Especially since the Blue Bloods like Duke, Kentucky, and KU, had Top 25 blurbs, but NO PICTURES.

Comment

• Comment

• Teddy Graham
              Teddy Graham commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for posting this. Watching it again reminds me:
              - Willis hit some key shots in the 2nd half. He also is passing the ball out of the post more which will make him and the rest of the team better.
              - Rauno is a really good center - not just a good back-up, he is just good. Shocks' depth is nuts.
              - Conner's 3's were all from a several feet behind the line except for the huge one with 2+ minutes left. One of his misses was from half-court. I wonder what his % is within 1-2 ft from the line.

Can't wait for Tuesday!

• Gritty, tough great game!
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
              Looks like we have a great shot at top 5 ranking heading into conference play barring injuries. I thought South Dakota state would be a challenge but they smoked by mo state lol
              Go away.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Really interesting to watch that. Looking over that again, it's crazy how few good looks Baylor really had. Maybe 5-6 baskets made on relatively open shots and good movement. Everything else was pretty well defended, and they made some really tough baskets to even keep it close.

Also, no points from Shamet in the last 15+ minutes. Didn't notice how quiet he was in the second half.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I was really happy at how good they looked against Baylor's various defensive schemes. I saw some comments about Shaq taking some bad shots but that was part of the game plan and it is a testament to his wanting to win enough to mess up his own efficiency knowingly. That gave Baylor a good 'pick your poison'' situation and gave the perimeter enough room to operate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    Also, no points from Shamet in the last 15+ minutes. Didn't notice how quiet he was in the second half.
                    So we won on the road against a top 20 team, when we didn't have to rely on points from our AA PG down the stretch? Interesting......

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

So we won on the road against a top 20 team, when we didn't have to rely on points from our AA PG down the stretch? Interesting......
                      Or any production at all from last year's leader in points and boards.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• But Baylor only has 8 scholarship players. I mean 7 now. They werent full strength.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oops -- lawmaker has hacked DSB's ID.

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post

Probably had something to do with Landry scoring the last 6 Shocker points in the 1st half and 5 of the first 7 in the 2nd half taking us from down 27-29 to up 40-33. He also got the assist on the other 2 points. Baylor probably decided to make the rest of our team beat them, not Shamet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Probably had something to do with Landry scoring the last 6 Shocker points in the 1st half and 5 of the first 7 in the 2nd half taking us from down 27-29 to up 40-33. He also got the assist on the other 2 points. Baylor probably decided to make the rest of our team beat them, not Shamet.
                          ALL these comments- to me- contribute to what we've known for a LONG time; not just this year....

That the Wichita State Shockers are a team. And to play on this team, you have to be a team player.

Side note-- saw a funny tweet that said, "Daaamn, just found out you had to do two tours in Iraq before you can play for Wichita State."

This team plays damn hard. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                          X