No announcement yet.

Kemba Walker recently read his first book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a difference between having/wanting/getting to read a short novel in elementary/middle school and sitting down and reading a scholarly text book. The implication is he hasn't even done the former.

The concern isn't about reading Electrical Circuit Design Theory front to cover in college. The concern is more about why didn't he read Curious George in elementary school.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Would the people who are defending Kemba's quote support a teacher who has never read a book front to back teaching their child?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        I know we've probably all relied on our mutual friend Cliff a time or two (for me it was Great Expectations during English Masterpieces class). But how do you graduate from high school and college without having read at least one complete novel?
        By shooting a basketball really well???

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          I know we've probably all relied on our mutual friend Cliff a time or two (for me it was Great Expectations during English Masterpieces class). But how do you graduate from high school and college without having read at least one complete novel?
          that was the only book i didnt read entirely in school. i even made it through the grapes of wrath and the cliffs notes to it.

i dont see how he didnt complete one either. even if you are "forced" to read it for class, there should be at least one book that grabs hold of you and you just read for the pleasure of reading.

Comment

When I saw the headline my first thought was: why should we expect Kemba Walker to be any different than the rest of the adult population in this country ?

Comment

Working...
            X