Kemba Walker recently read his first book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemba Walker recently read his first book

Connecticut star guard Kemba Walker announced today he would forgo his senior season and enter the NBA draft. It was an expected move not only because he led the Huskies to a national championship, but also because he had participated in Senior Day festivities and is set to graduate from school in three years.

I wish this was an aberration, but I'm guessing it's not.

Comment

On the flip side, he is making an effort to leave college as a graduate as he goes into the NBA.

Not sure what the degree was, but give the guy some credit for at least finishing. (in three years no less)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr
        Not sure what the degree was,(in three years no less)
        Sociology
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Originally posted by ShockerEngr
          Not sure what the degree was,(in three years no less)
          Sociology
          How do you get a sociology degree without reading a book? Isn't that sort of how you get a degree in an area like that? Read -> regurgitate other peoples' opinions -> repeat many times-> get very expensive piece of paper.

And major LOL's at the name of the book in question. Always the victim.

Comment

To be fair, he said it was the first book he read cover-to-cover, which is a bit different from just "reading" a book. I don't think I ever read any of my textbooks cover-to-cover, and my more recent classes have started moving away from expensive textbooks and towards online resources.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I know we've probably all relied on our mutual friend Cliff a time or two (for me it was Great Expectations during English Masterpieces class). But how do you graduate from high school and college without having read at least one complete novel?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                I know we've probably all relied on our mutual friend Cliff a time or two (for me it was Great Expectations during English Masterpieces class). But how do you graduate from high school and college without having read at least one complete novel?
                That's what got me. Even in middle school we had required reading in a few classes. And of course there were a handful of books in HS English classes. But I also love to read and can't imagine having not read an entire book...
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  With the exception of one class I took to get a free hour each day, I would have gone through high school without having to read a book cover to cover...and graduated top of my class.

If it's not something you're interested in reading....it's easy to skip through.

Comment

I relied on Cliff/Spark throughout high school, however I read a couple books.

Comment

sparknotes is your best friend.

Comment

What ever happened to Dick and Jane? He could tear through that in 5 minutes flat unless you get a paper cut. Would double his "book count" to two.

See Spot run.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
                          What ever happened to Dick and Jane? He could tear through that in 5 minutes flat unless you get a paper cut. Would double his "book count" to two.

See Spot run.
                          SFL is back!

Comment

I made it through college without having to read any books cover to cover. Same with High School.

Now, I read casually all the time and have read and finished hundreds of books, but I didn't have to in school.

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
                              Originally posted by Kung Wu

See Spot run.
                              Eggzaktlee.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X