WSU Versus Baylor Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Baylor Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. This game is the 1st of 3 games of the Big 12 Challenge. There was some disparity of conjecture I observed as to their predicted finish in the Big 12 by the various Mags. Street and Smith picked them 3rd, Athlon 4th. and Lindy's 6th. Their road loss to 16th ranked Xavier was 76-63 tonight. Three of their key players are Manu Lecomte, Jo Luai- Acull and Terry Maston and are coached by Scott Drew. We need this win for social redeeming value purposes because if the Bears beat us, this could lead to arrogance, which could then lead to dancing Bears and Baptists and That is too much for us to bare. Furthermore, a Shocker win prevents SN endorphins going back on high alert. A Notre Dame fan was spotted here in town with his garb on for Black Friday and that is just wrong!!! NO More!!!!!!! If the Shocks go 3-0 in these 3 Big 12 games then SN will be rainbows, lollipops, and popsicles again.

Sgt. Friday on Dragnet used to say "Just the facts man." If the Shocks get our stingy D. to cause Bear Bumbling, Stumbling, and Crumbling, we can leave downtown Waco with a win. Our Bench has outscored all foes benches all Season and tonight was a 68-37 surpass. Our rebounding has been rocking out and Baylor will test us there. Shaq, Willis, and Kelly have all had double-doubles this Season and we need them to display top execution. SHJ has a banner night tonight with 31 points, 5 assists, and played some solid D. The quote of the night was Coach Marshall saying "SHJ had a rocket in his behind tonight." MM was heard by 3G saying "just get me healthy!!!" We the SN faithful can't wait to have Duff back soon too. We still don't know the status of Brown and LS with a knee and an ankle sprain respectively.

As we enter this tough road game, playing a top 25 team, we need to shore up our 19 turnovers tonight and our opponent only making 9. We did get the ball into our bigs after 10 minutes which was a nice plus. The Shocks can't be pandering with these Bears who will be hungry to win after the loss the Xavier tonight. Beating vexatious bears in their own den would be great for us playing the role of " Bearers of bad news for them but a nice road win for us." Such wins help our resume' and build confidence moving forward.

AAC -----77

Big 12---70
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

I’m just glad we don’t have to face another team with a bear as their mascot after this.
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Should be a fairly low scoring game the way both teams play defense. I think we win for sure if we break 70.

Shocks 64
      Bears 60
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I have no idea what to predict with Landry's status up in the air.

Comment

I liked how our offense performed against the zone last night. Crisp, fast ball movement, passing down into the zone and kicking it back out. I'm not sure how much stock to put into that though considering how bad Savannah State's defense actually is.

Assuming Landry and ZB play...

Shocks 72
          Bears 66

Comment

Assuming ZB and Landry don't play, and Conner and SHJ are banged up:

Bears 66
            Shocks 52

Yeah, it could get ugly. We are at best a mediocre zone offense team, and with injuries we probably drift closer to "terrible." Our biggest team weaknesses at this point are TOs (318th in the nation) and settling for 3s, and Baylor is a mostly zone team that specializes in steals.

We aren't worse than Baylor, but we might look it on Saturday unless we get a great gameplan from Marshall and players step up. Baylor is a good team, and a bad matchup for us even healthy. Facing them on the road with 5 players that are various levels of hurt is a recipe for a bad game.

For the record, our best looks nothing like that prediction. This could even be called a worst case scenario: We lose 2 starters, get flustered by the zone, turn the ball over a lot, and just get rattled. Baylor hits an opening 3 and doesn't let up. Conner and SHJ are slowed down with injury, and our bigs rarely get the ball and when they do they struggle with Baylor's length.

None of the above may end up happening. We could come out polished, hit our 3s, and take a 12 point lead into halftime.

Comment

Sorry if I missed anyone mentioning it, but I notice Shaq was having a problem with his right upper arm or shoulder in the second half. First, I saw it on the floor when he was playing, then he came out of the game about midway second half and never went back in. At first, as he was on the bench, he was either stretching his arm or holding it with his left hand around the right upper arm. A little later, I noticed, what I assumed to be one of the trainers, over talking to him and you could tell it was about his arm. Shaq didn't even stand up with the rest of the bench on a great play, just sat there holding his arm.

Anyone know anything further on this? Heard no mention of it post-game and he didn't seem to be holding his arm late in the game.

Comment

I think the boys are going to be really hungry for this one. Despite the respect we receive in the polls, I think they know there are a lot of doubters out there still that they want to prove wrong and still want to wash out the taste of the ND loss out of their mouth. I think we take care of the rock, limit our turnovers and despite Baylor's size and zone defense we go back to playing inside out ball first and hunt for the right 3s rather desperation 3s. I think this is one of those game they overlook Rauno. Landry will lead the way to victory.

Shocks 74
                Bears 67

Comment

I'd be interested in Taylor Eldridge's prediction. He was on the money about SHJ having a big game against Savannah State.

Comment

• Walker
                    Walker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That dude has been awesome so far. Eagle definitely found a winner.

I am just not confident in our zone offense. Especially against a good, long and athletic team. Plus being on the road.

Just because I have yellow glasses on I will say Shox by 6. Plus I will be there and don't wanna go home mad lol
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Terry Maston, Baylor's second best player broke his hand last night. Out until Jan.

WSU 71
                    BU 59

Comment

Hate to see anyone get injured.

Having said that, I'm certainly not throwing any pity-parties for other teams at this point. We need to pick up the W.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker View Post
                        Terry Maston, Baylor's second best player broke his hand last night. Out until Jan.

WSU 71
                        BU 59
                        Sorry to hear that.

I guess that does even the injury situation out somewhat. Our leading scorer and rebounder from last year is out until the end of Dec. We have also had 3 starters suffer various injuries this week that we are waiting to hear statuses for.
                        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

The Bears literally only play 8 guys. Now they're down to 7. Of those 7, only 6 score points for them. Whatever injury issues we have, the Bears have it just as bad with this guy being out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            The Bears literally only play 8 guys. Now they're down to 7. Of those 7, only 6 score points for them. Whatever injury issues we have, the Bears have it just as bad with this guy being out.
                            Hopefully we are healed up and ready to go and can get the Bears in all kinds of foul trouble with our strong bench. I predict Conner, LS, and Shaq will lead us to this win with several other Shocks right in the mix. I really liked how SHJ and Austin played last night and the double-doubles of both Kelly and Willis. We need Shaq to not have foul problems in these big games.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                            X