• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ol home boys - 68

Football school - 65

Comment

69 to 65 Shoxs dillie dillie
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Zone defense with top tier athletes? Not sold this team learned anything against Savannah St. Baylor 68 Shox 60.

Until there is some semblance of actual zone offense, I don't trust this team to hit enough 3s to win. There is very little attacking the middle, its all swing passes around the perimeter. Those result in open 3s, but to beat the zone you have to break it down at the FT line and the corners.... Need to be running DW, CF & Landry to the elbows for 15ft jumpers. SHJ can penetrate on the bounce, but he is going to have to kick it against Baylor's size. Shox can win this game, but I'm going to have to see the execution before I'll bet on it.
        -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

There's a lot to overcome for the Shox. Our two top scorers won't be playing in this game (I'm going to speculate that Landry's rolled ankle won't be 100 percent by game time). On the road, against a top 25 team that plays a defense that has been proven to give the Shox fits for years, not to mention their size and athleticism is daunting it all points to a loss. That said, I know the Shox won't roll over on this one, they'll be competitive but we'll end up losing this one by 10. Not many teams can expect to win against top 25 competition when your two leading scorers and best defender (ZB) don't play.

This program is snake bit. Whether getting punk'd by the NCAA for filing late paperwork, getting punk'd by the NCAA on tourney seeding, getting punk'd by officials in key games (Creighton, VCU, Louisville) or the injuries to our best players, I'm simply amazed GM and his teams have done what they have given all the bad luck that's been thrown their way.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
              There's a lot to overcome for the Shox. Our two top scorers won't be playing in this game (I'm going to speculate that Landry's rolled ankle won't be 100 percent by game time). On the road, against a top 25 team that plays a defense that has been proven to give the Shox fits for years, not to mention their size and athleticism is daunting it all points to a loss. That said, I know the Shox won't roll over on this one, they'll be competitive but we'll end up losing this one by 10. Not many teams can expect to win against top 25 competition when your two leading scorers and best defender (ZB) don't play.

This program is snake bit. Whether getting punk'd by the NCAA for filing late paperwork, getting punk'd by the NCAA on tourney seeding, getting punk'd by officials in key games (Creighton, VCU, Louisville) or the injuries to our best players, I'm simply amazed GM and his teams have done what they have given all the bad luck that's been thrown their way.

Comment

Can we get confidence levels on ZB and LS playing? The whole ZB situation seems pretty hush hush.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                  Can we get confidence levels on ZB and LS playing? The whole ZB situation seems pretty hush hush.
                  Agreed. Sounded like he just banged knees with another player in practice on Monday, per 3G on the radio show. Landry, on the other hand (foot?) went from not walking, to icing, to putting his shoe on and walking by the end of the game. The good ol "RICE" motto for a bum ankle seems like he just needs to rest and elevate it for a few days. Luckily, we have a few days.

If these two aren't at 100% and we don't have McMuffin on the floor (which we won't).....I don't like our chances. Here's to hoping for a quick recovery for both.
                  "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                  Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                    I think with Zach they really don't know. X-rays were negative. MRI today will probalby tell the tale. However, regardless of the MRI resutls hard to see Zach being 100% by Saturday if he can go at all.

They should have a better idea about Landry today. But again even if it is pretty good news will he be 100% by Saturday.

I am assuming Conner will be okay since he came back in and had his best stretch after his sustaining his thigh bruise. However, I remember that Shaq had a thigh bruise last year that turned into a significant problem due to a hematoma developing.

Even with everyone healthy Baylor was going to be a really difficult game. I'm not going to predict a Shocker loss but between the Shocks not playing consistently well, especially against zone defenses, and the impact of injuries. Even if these guys can play these injuries have to be disrupting to practice continuity and player rotations.

All the Shocks can do is go into battle with whatever weapons they have and hope that is enough.

Comment

I think Landry will be fine. Rolled ankles happen all the time in sports. You walk it off and ice it if needed. 3G probably just used best judgement and took him out to prevent durther injury. It helped that Samaje was running the team just fine.

Comment

Post-game comments:

In the Year of our Lord 2017, patriots of Wichita, Kansas – injured and outnumbered – charged the court of the Ferrell Center. They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Shockers, and kicked Bear a$$es!

Comment

Working...
                        X