Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State @ Baylor Pre-Game Discussion and Predictions

Is it too early?

nope, hit shots. don't turn it over. take the ball at their length draw fouls, we win

Comment

Originally posted by Pigman View Post
      nope, hit shots. don't turn it over. take the ball at their length draw fouls, we win
      Use bounce passes more on routine passes.

Comment

I see it differently. I believe their big guys will frustrate ours and win that aspect of the game. For
        us to win we will need crisp ball rotation to get open threes and then we need to hit 40-45% of
        them. In addition, we have to win the turn overs stat which I think we will and not allow them
        second/third shots. Should be another very close game, one that we would win with a healthy MM,
        but will probably lose without him. Bears 76-73

Comment

If we can figure out how to beat their zone, the rest of this season will go a lot smoother than if we get owned by their zone. This has the potential to be a gross 55-50 game or a game we win by double digits. 55-50 would not be good for our long-term prospects.

Comment

Not including Xavier, Baylor's opponents have shot only 25 percent from three against them and 38 percent overall. Their zone and length obviously is giving teams fits. Meanwhile, they are shooting 48 percent overall and 38 percent from three. Interestingly, Wisconsin and Creighton only shot 23 percent combined from three against them and those games were on neutral courts. IMO, this game is a lot tougher than ND due to being on their home court, their length and their defensive scheme. If we can pull a W at their place, without M McD, then it will speak volumes about this team.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about a pregame thread not started by forevershockerfan.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                Shocker Mama commented
                Editing a comment
                Just feels wrong.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Bad juju

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                I refuse to make a prediction based on this alone.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Have any of you watched any of their play? This should be quite a game. These are grown men out there and if Shaq can stay out of foul trouble he should really have fun. The zone part worries me but I can't predict a winner.

Comment

A Baylor prediction thread before Savannah State is a bad idea.

Comment

We are going to struggle against the zone. We haven't been able to consistently beat zones against quality, and non-quality opponents. We better hope our guards come to play. We know what it is like for our 4&5's to suffer from fouls. That being said, I would like to see our guards dominate a game. This will be their chance.

WSU by double digits.

Comment

What would happen if the Shox lose to Baylor and this top 10 team goes 0-2 versus the top 25 and all the overrated chants start to flood the Twitterverse? I can assure you I won't go all Mount Vesuvius.....I'll take the high road. Like they say, be concerned when they stop talking about you right?

Comment

Terry Maston got hurt and Baylor fans are making it sound like it’s an injury that will have some recovery time. Possible broken hand and/or fingers. He is averaging 11 pts and 8.6 rpg.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            Terry Maston got hurt and Baylor fans are making it sound like it’s an injury that will have some recovery time. Possible broken hand and/or fingers. He is averaging 11 pts and 8.6 rpg.
                            With Duff out, will this possibly be an equalizer?

Comment

Working...
                            X