WSU Versus Savannah State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Savannah State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. One thing about SN is, we never take a day off, period!!! On Thanksgiving, we offer up thanks and on Black Friday some of us say No Thanks to shopping with the bargain seekers. Next Tuesday, the Tigers come to town. They are 2-3 today and play Texas Tech Saturday. They play in the MEAC, were 13-16 last Season, and are Coached by Horace Broadnax. Lindy's picks them to finish 4th in their Conference and Street & Smith along with Athlon predicts they will finish 5th. They took a shellacking from Cincinnati 107-77. Dexter (Detective) McClanahan, Alante (Ocean Front) Fenner and Austin (No Reaves) Dasent are among their key players. Their team runs more than they defend, so the game should be fast and furious.

The Shocks plan on 'taking the tiger by the tail' as they will continue to groom and improve for a much tougher overall schedule that will unfold sooner than later. On Offense, look for the Shocks to look for better looks in 'the eye of the zones' we are sure to face all Season long. This will help us to get to the free-throw line more because right now we have shot 102 throws to our opponents 101. Our cumulative 3-point % is now setting on around 36% and it was slightly over 40% last Season. We have solid shooters and I expect this to be similar to 40-42% this Season. Next, the Shocks will strive to take better care of the rock. Right now we show 60 turnovers to our foes with 61. The one stat that jumped out at me that for sure will improve is the Shocks have 22 steals and show our foes have 28 total against us. Where I'm impressed thus far is we are really rebounding well, have far more assists than our foes, and our bench is outscoring our opponents bench by leaps and bounds. Our future Shocker Christmas gift 'that will just keep on giving' is when MM returns and plays. He lead our team in scoring and rebounding last Season, but it was his improved defending that assisted our team in being successful.

I'm not worried at this early juncture of the Season and really appreciated all the kind and positive words Coach Marshall had to say about this very hardworking and coachable team after such a tough loss last night. He is one of the premier Coaches in the Country and would even stick his head into the mouth of a tiger to examine this team and guide us to right where we need to be. We are going to be every bit as good as advertised as we move forward IMO and I am sleeping well, staying off ledges, and very optimistic with what I see with our beloved Shocks.

Shocks----GRRRRRRRRRR---107

Tiggers---PURRRRRRRRR---70
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; November 23, 2017, 10:36 AM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Pain.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

No prediction needed for this RPI killer. I just want to see the Shox walk off the court with the crowd applauding and more importantly, injury free.

Comment

Anything less than 30 points is disappointing. I am excited to our Shocks back in the Roundhouse.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

No prediction, just hoping AR, AM, CJ, and SHJ see a lot of floor time. Maybe Willis, if he's only allowed to use his right hand and have to pass back out twice for every time he shoots.

Comment

Can we request that they play zone for 40 minutes so we can get some practice in?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I predict 40% off at Tad’s on Wednesday.
              78-65

Comment

I'm thinking about Baylor. Sorry.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Kitty Kats of the Savannah- 55
                  Safari Hunters - 110

Go Shockers!!!
                  :poster_shocks:

Comment

We need a game to knock off the funk from ND and hopefully will be fully recovered from the jet lag. Shox 102, Cupcakes 61

Comment

109 to 62 Shoxs
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Hyenas - 102
                        Tigger - 56
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

WSU 91
                          SSU 58

Comment

A kicking. I predict a kicking. And not like Redturds flying ninja jump kicks either.

Comment

Most probably a beat down so................lets get AM some PT, lets see DW practice his right, lets
                              see SMJ run the TEAM instead of just creating for himself to score and lets see Jones and AR
                              playing at the same time. Other than that this should be nothing more than a feel good game
                              getting ready for Baylor. Need to beat Baylor on the road to get rid of that ugly scab / loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X