Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I'm thinking about Baylor. Sorry.
    The same night we play this game, 22 ranked Baylor plays 15th ranked Xavier which should be an interesting game before we head to Waco.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I predict significant playing time for guys outside the top 9 in the rotation.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

WSU by 40 +

CJ makes his season debut.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

CJ makes his season debut.
          This is what I'm most looking forward to as well. I want to see a lot of playing time for everyone, but mostly him. Simply because I'm curious of where he is this season. 40 point win indeed.

Comment

SSU is averaging close to 40 3PA. That always makes me nervous. I know they are not a good team (polite understatement), but sometimes these sorts of games can have odd stretches.

Comment

I expect many many many points from the Shocks. Savannah State plays at the 2nd fastest pace according to KenPom(which is taking into account last year still), 3rd fastest so far this year, averaging 84.3 possession per game. 120-75 is what I'm thinking. Could even push a higher total, 100 is the floor tomorrow.

Comment

I'd like to see Mitgaard get some quality minutes. Enough to get into the flow of the game and have a little bit of an impact.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  Need to beat Baylor on the road to get rid of that ugly scab / loss.
                  I still can't get that taste out of my mouth.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Can we skip this game? I mean I read the whole thing about not taking days off, but... I mean I knew a Savannah in elementary school, and she sucked at basketball. So, I mean. This is a dubya right?

Comment

CJ will play, how much depends on him. It could be a tough game for Asbjorn. I had the scout for SSU v TT over the weekend. SSU is thin. Like you feel bad and want to buy the entire team a meal thin. But they are quick and wiry and clearly outclassed "at this level". Shaq and Willis should score at will to the point we'll have to take them out or feel terrible for abusing their posts.

But they're likely a little too quick for Asbjorn just yet.

If I may take a moment....I figure 2-300 men's season ticket holders that don't regularly, if ever, attend volleyball matches will probably read this thread at some point. This weekend is likely the biggest opportunity in the history of WSU volleyball. If you're a fan and a supporter, thank you. If not, if you could see it in your heart, wallet and or schedule to at least stop by the ticket office and buy the same number of all session passes for the NCAA Tournament this weekend as you have men's basketball season tickets, I, personally, would be most grateful, and I know Chris and Shannon Lamb, who have done an INCREDIBLE job representing our city and University over the last 18 seasons, would appreciate it as well.

And frankly, they deserve our support. It would be great if a bunch of you crazy, loud, diehard Shocker fans that have never gone to a volleyball match here would give them a chance Friday. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised, and proud to support these amazing student athletes. Thanks for your consideration.

If my numbers are close, an extra 500-1000 Shocker fans would make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        CJ will play, how much depends on him. It could be a tough game for Asbjorn. I had the scout for SSU v TT over the weekend. SSU is thin. Like you feel bad and want to buy the entire team a meal thin. But they are quick and wiry and clearly outclassed "at this level". Shaq and Willis should score at will to the point we'll have to take them out or feel terrible for abusing their posts.

But they're likely a little too quick for Asbjorn just yet.

If I may take a moment....I figure 2-300 men's season ticket holders that don't regularly, if ever, attend volleyball matches will probably read this thread at some point. This weekend is likely the biggest opportunity in the history of WSU volleyball. If you're a fan and a supporter, thank you. If not, if you could see it in your heart, wallet and or schedule to at least stop by the ticket office and buy the same number of all session passes for the NCAA Tournament this weekend as you have men's basketball season tickets, I, personally, would be most grateful, and I know Chris and Shannon Lamb, who have done an INCREDIBLE job representing our city and University over the last 18 seasons, would appreciate it as well.

And frankly, they deserve our support. It would be great if a bunch of you crazy, loud, diehard Shocker fans that have never gone to a volleyball match here would give them a chance Friday. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised, and proud to support these amazing student athletes. Thanks for your consideration.

If my numbers are close, an extra 500-1000 Shocker fans would make a big difference.
                        I will be trying like crazy to make it down from KC for the game on Friday. I have a wedding to go to the following evening back here, but I'm planning on being in the house Friday.

Chris Lamb is one of the most underrated coaches in college athletics. Forget just in volleyball. The man wins. Every. Single. Year.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I will be there Saturday night.

Comment

Big Boys - 107
                            DII Hopefuls - 67

Comment

Ah, the beginning of a very, very long Win streak.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X