Shockers v Notre Dame Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post
    I I see shades of the 2006-2007 team that got way too big for their britches after a few decent victories and didn’t even finish above .500.
    Actually according to Kenpom this team has the shades of 2014 team (35-1). Their offensive and defensive numbers are almost the same with some minor variations. So we got the (1) out of the way - so it will be a great ride the rest of the way.

Comment

• A 1 point loss, which easily could of been a win, against a premier program without one of our stars. It will be ok. The nature of the loss hurts, but the reality is this loss does very, very little to harm us. Might actually be good to focus the kids and make them realize that aren't invincible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
        A 1 point loss, which easily could of been a win, against a premier program without one of our stars. It will be ok. The nature of the loss hurts, but the reality is this loss does very, very little to harm us. Might actually be good to focus the kids and make them realize that aren't invincible.
        it doesnt harm wichita state rpi wise.. but it shows a fear of winning.. like a fear of the jersey. notre dame, uk, u ofl, last five years equals 0-6. and it does seem like the name on the jersy kind of chokes them. it's past time to squash that.

baylor at waco next week.. even tougher than notre dame in hawaii. 'hate to pick baylor, but i probably will. should have got that notre dame win.

Comment

• By all means, feel free to jump off that ledge and take your extreme negativity with you.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I don't think people are mad about the loss per se, it's how we lost that evidently has some folks on the ledge. For those who are really bent out shape, do what KC Shox would have done and turn that lemon into lemonade. We lost by one without our best player on the bench, or depending on who talk to, our second best player. The Shox clearly showed that they can compete on the same level as another top 15 squad. RK will learn to secure the rebound without bending over next time. Coach will learn from the throw-in miscue and not have the same personnel assigned in a similar circumstance in the future and Austin will certainly have learned what it takes to hit free throws in a pressure situation. Now, Baylor is still a must win :)

Comment

• This game showed some of what the critics have been saying about the Shox not having played anybody.

The fatal inbounds pass would have resulted in free throws in the MVC. Against big dogs that pass results in 2 points for the other team. The possibility that that can happen has to be experienced to really understand how the possibility turns into reality. I doubt either Frankamp or Reaves had any thought that the pass might be stolen. They haven't played many teams with the athleticism and ability to take that ball without fouling.

I doubt you will see that play blown up again by either Frankamp or Reaves. Live and learn, but you've got to have opponents able to teach the lesson before you can learn the lesson.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                By all means, feel free to jump off that ledge and take your extreme negativity with you.
                wichita state should have won that game. got it?

in no way is that a positive scenario. got it?

at baylor next saturday. got it?

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

Time for your meds again. Got it?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• NM
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Ok enough on this game lol. We lost, we all learn and be better for it.

I win the win against Savannah State, and especially against Baylor, will completely erase any negativity from this game.

Comment

I get it. But, what I get is something about the poster who made those comments. Got it. South side of a mule headed north. Got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I get it. But, what I get is something about the poster who made those comments. Got it. South side of a mule headed north. Got it.
                          i hope you are in good health, aargh. knock on wood. but any time you see a dominant 7 chord, remember, anything goes. anything at all. just a little reminder.

look, shockers choked that away, though. and here i thought they were championship worthy. turns out they weren't.

Comment

i hope you are in good health, aargh. knock on wood. but any time you see a dominant 7 chord, remember, anything goes. anything at all. just a little reminder.

Look, shockers choked that away, though. and here i thought they were championship worthy. turns out they weren't.
                            I've got to admit it. When you're right, you're right. There has never been a championship team that lost an early-season game to a ranked opponent. You can look it up. The NCAA was founded in 1906. Not once. Not ONCE in the 100+ year history of that esteemed organization has a championship worthy team ever lost an early season game to a ranked opponent.

I had forgotten all about that. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

look, shockers choked that away, though. and here i thought they were championship worthy. turns out they weren't.
                              You seriously need some bipolar meds. It's getting embarrassing for you again.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Sounds like someone is looking for a reason to jump off the bandwagon. Go ahead and spare us the future whining.

Comment

Working...
                                X