Was it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it....

I know this is probably being discussed in other threads but didnt want to read through all of them to hear what everybody thought..

Was it a foul on the last play of the game? I'm up at the top of the stadium and thought it looked like a foul but want to know if anybody was closer and saw it better than i did... And a no call there doesnt cost us that game. We make a couple of those threes the game isnt even close. but I'm with Marshal, keep shooting if your open. I do think we need to take a timeout the 2nd to last possesion and set something up.. Ended up with Gal turning it over.

Re: Was it....

Originally posted by fuball7
    I know this is probably being discussed in other threads but didnt want to read through all of them to hear what everybody thought..

Was it a foul on the last play of the game? I'm up at the top of the stadium and thought it looked like a foul but want to know if anybody was closer and saw it better than i did... And a no call there doesnt cost us that game. We make a couple of those threes the game isnt even close. but I'm with Marshal, keep shooting if your open.
    No, I don't feel it was after seeing replays. When I was there, yes I thought it could be a foul but wasn't surprised at the no-call.

There are many coaches that have the philosophy that shooters shoot themselves out of a slump. I don't mind it. I get a little irritated when it comes within the first 10 secs or so of the shot clock. Most of the shots were wide open and most of the players who shot it have shown to be good shooters.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

If the 3 point playt hey gave them on a cousinard foul that put them in position to win it.... was a foul than the unbelvable body contact against gal was a foul.

it should be judged against how they called it on both sides.
      "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
      CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

They were pushing us over all game like hacking us.
        with no calls,
        its first of all dangerous.
        second of all rediculous that thats not a foul.

It blew my mind how on one end theyd beat the crap out of us... no call.

then wed come down the court and theyd call a touch foul on us.

then they call a charge on ramon when hes backing donw and fading away.

and then come down the court and 32 runs over one of our players like larry johnson over a denver bronco..... and its a block.

to say their were no descrepencies in the calls, would be bullshit to me.

You cant always be classy. sometimes you gotta be real like when ed hightower reffed us at MSU last year.
        "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
        CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

4-29 from 3 point land. That is all. 8)
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Most refs don't wan't to determine the outcome of a game by calling a foul in the waning seconds.

But, can a ref equally determine the outcome by NOT making a call? Isn't it the same thing?

Comment

You call the obvious. Period. 8)
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I sure hope no one has the audcacity to say we lost becuase of the refs.

Comment

Couldn't tell if it was a foul or not, and it doesn't matter. One of my pet peeves is the officials swallowing their whistle in the closing seconds cause, like the coomentators say, "they want the PLAYERS to decide tho outcome of the game." Naturally, no-calls decide as many games as calls do. Stupid. You never want to put the game in the hands of the officials anyway. Damn. Woulda, coulda, shoulda won by double-digits.

Comment

Most refs don't want to determine the outcome of a game by calling a foul in the waning seconds.
                    Agree , they don't.

And this is not a comment on the specific 'Gal M. Foul or no Foul' last night but more of a general thought on why I have always thought that was bizarre rationale. It's become one of those cliches that is repeated often enough so it becomes true. Are the rules of the game somehow different for the first 39 minutes of the game than the last 1? If a guy is hacked, or travels or is out of bounds it should be called regardless of when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ICT Ragman
                      Most refs don't want to determine the outcome of a game by calling a foul in the waning seconds.
                      Agree , they don't.

And this is not a comment on the specific 'Gal M. Foul or no Foul' last night but more of a general thought on why I have always thought that was bizarre rationale. It's become one of those cliches that is repeated often enough so it becomes true. Are the rules of the game somehow different for the first 39 minutes of the game than the last 1? If a guy is hacked, or travels or is out of bounds it should be called regardless of when it happens.
                      They shouldn't be. At the end of the game though, nobody should really expect a ref to call a foul that may or may not be one. As ShockRef stated, you call the obvious.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If the only fouls you have called all game long were just the obvious ones, then we agree. Otherwise.......

Comment

I saw the play in a frame by frame replay. After seeing it 3-4 times, it looked like the UTA player got 95% ball. Then when Gal threw his hands up in the air and after the ball was flying out of bounds, the UTA player hit his wrist which was just incidental contact. The right call was made in my opinion.
                          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Yea, after seeing the replays I didn't see a foul. I saw Gal, flinging his arms imitating a shot hoping for a foul. Bad acting...but no foul.

Comment

Never saw the replays, but I trust you guys' judgement.

Comment

Working...
                              X