Official Wichita State vs College of Charleston Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    6. I saw Poo Bear in the concourse at half. That kid is wide.
    I say for the 2019 season someone should hang a sign above the tunnel leading out to the court that says "The Bear Cave".

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      On the broadcast last night, one of the announcers was talking about Reaves and said that he looks taller than 6'5". So how tall is he really?
      Son watched on TV. First thing he said was that Reaves is the same height as Shaq

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        If Willis had a high BBIQ or even just the ability to pass he would go down as a Shocker great but he's really only going to be remembered as a black hole. If this were 10 years ago, I would have no problem with Willis's play but he's usually option #4 on the floor for who I would choose to take some ridiculous shot.
        EO and Demetric Williams aren't going to be remembered as Shocker greats, but they both did a lot to help us get to a Final Four.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

EO and Demetric Williams aren't going to be remembered as Shocker greats, but they both did a lot to help us get to a Final Four.
          Demetric and EO were never going to be stars. Willis probably isn't going to be one either but it seems like he's just one hump away. Willis is certainly more of a positive than a negative and I don't mean to discount his contributions, he just seems so close to being an amazing player instead of a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            If Willis had a high BBIQ or even just the ability to pass he would go down as a Shocker great but he's really only going to be remembered as a black hole. If this were 10 years ago, I would have no problem with Willis's play but he's usually option #4 on the floor for who I would choose to take some ridiculous shot.
            I couldn’t disagree more.

Comment

• Piling on Willis right now is weird...

-Called out by Marshall and staff for working hard on various parts of his games the off-season, leading to a 180 in 3pt performance.

-POG in first non-con game of the season.

-Runner-up POG last night (more or less) coming in second on the team in points and rebounds.

I mean... like... WTH?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Piling on Willis right now is weird...

-Called out by Marshall and staff for working hard on various parts of his games the off-season, leading to a 180 in 3pt performance.

-POG in first non-con game of the season.

-Runner-up POG last night (more or less) coming in second on the team in points and rebounds.

I mean... like... WTH?
                Offensive rating is only in the vicinity of Zach Brown and Rashard Kelly while taking 31.5% of the shots when he's on the floor. (As opposed to 6% and 12% for Brown and Kelly, respectively.)

His offensive rating is currently down right now as compared to last year and this is while shooting 50% from 3.

Comment

Son watched on TV. First thing he said was that Reaves is the same height as Shaq
                  I think they are both 6-6.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Charleston game is out on YouTube if you are interested

Comment

• I’ll chime in on Reaves and SHJ. First off, they both are behind developmentally due to injury and coming in late (SHJ). Both are good players but when they are out there together without either CF or LS to help, things get a little frazzled. SHJ plays a little too rushed and hasn’t quite figured out when to drive into the paint and when to pull up for a jumper. Reaves can use some improvement with the handles. If I were an opposing coach, I would double team and trap him hard, he will cough it up, some of this is probably due to lack of strength training. Bottom line, CF and LS are so good that we need at least one of these guys in the game to help keep things organized and flowing. Lastly, I like Reaves at the 3. I think he can be really good playing alongside both CF and LS, his shot is money, just needs more opportunities and I think he would get them in this role.

Comment

• I loved the reception for Matt Braeuer, but was totally stunned Earl Grant did not get even a mediocre ovation. WTF? Once a Shocker, always a Shocker!
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          I loved the reception for Matt Braeuer, but was totally stunned Earl Grant did not get even a mediocre ovation. WTF? Once a Shocker, always a Shocker!
                          I heard quite a bit of applause for Grant when he was announced. It was not nearly as loud as what Braeuer got but it was there.
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            I’ll chime in on Reaves and SHJ. First off, they both are behind developmentally due to injury and coming in late (SHJ). Both are good players but when they are out there together without either CF or LS to help, things get a little frazzled. SHJ plays a little too rushed and hasn’t quite figured out when to drive into the paint and when to pull up for a jumper. Reaves can use some improvement with the handles. If I were an opposing coach, I would double team and trap him hard, he will cough it up, some of this is probably due to lack of strength training. Bottom line, CF and LS are so good that we need at least one of these guys in the game to help keep things organized and flowing. Lastly, I like Reaves at the 3. I think he can be really good playing alongside both CF and LS, his shot is money, just needs more opportunities and I think he would get them in this role.
                            We are incredibly spoiled when a freshman that averaged 1 TO every 22 minutes of game action is described as could “use some improvement with the handles.”
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• A lot of positives happened last night. I think we need to build on them and improve. This is going to be a long haul. Let's start by winning at Maui.

Comment

The announcer said he looked to be 6'7" or 6'8"

Comment

Working...
                                X