No announcement yet.

Shocks vs UMKC (Official)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well things went about as expected. We really showed our depth and man were we hitting the 3 ball tonight. So many weapons and what great depth we have. Jones is going to be hard to keep off the court. Him along with Conner and Landry, we will have the point covered along. Going in backing up Landry was of some concern but Jones is a smooth dude and he’s such a good ball handler, seems to not get sped up. Games will only get tougher from here, but I liked what I saw tonight.

Comment

First time I've seen the team play this year. Wow. Lots of weapons inside and out. Couldn't wait to see SHJ and the Viking. SHJ looks like just what the doctor ordered. Not only is he blazing fast, he seems to really anticipate well. Midtgaard is as big as everyone described...can't wait to watch him develop.

- Landry looks great - so glad he is getting games in before Maui.
      - SHJ - fast, aggressive, good touch, confident. He is going to help a ton this year and next.
      - Connor - Soooo glad he is being aggressive off the dribble. We know he can shoot but man he made some nice passes. 9 assists and 1 TO?!
      - Has Zach lost some weight this year?
      - Rauno - Watched him run the point on a full-court press, run back and forth along the baseline and sprint down the court to challenge a shot. So cool to watch him develop the past few yrs.

Going to savor this year.

Comment

• BOBB
        BOBB commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought SHJ was going to flush it. I was out of my seat.

Originally posted by DUShock View Post

Incompetent bastards.
      I guess until Conference starts they have chose to leave us in the Valley? AAC!!!! AAC!!!!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Landry is just amazing to watch btw. Things just flow. Shaq could have had 40 that game if he wanted to. He's definitely leaned up and has some crazy moves. He physically looks like Lebron out there with the sleeves. The CF to SMJ play was awesome. I was really hoping somehow SMJ was gonna throw that down, but pretty special to see two City Leaguers bring the house down.
        He's so good. There are a few players that you see in person that you're like wow, this guy has "it". He's moving in slow motion out there but is faster and way ahead of everyone else on the floor. The players that I've seen in person that have that are: Embiid, Tyler Ulis, Doug McD, and Landry. Shocker fans had better enjoy this season of Landry....
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Two things:

1. UMKC is not good.

2. If you don't have WSU #1 on your ballot next week, you shouldn't ever claim to know anything about college basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            MM will have a battle winning his starting spot back
            McDuffie is our best defender and a great player. He starts when he is healthy, full stop. Getting a share of Willis and Brown minutes. Easy to get high on Willis tonight, bu Willis is a bumslayer. He goes off on overmatched opponents. Moderate improvement from last year's finish would be a terrific contribution from him this year and enough to help us to a final four.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• shelback
              shelback commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't see Willis disappearing this year...2ND year in system and looks like he put the work in over the off-season.

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

McDuffie is our best defender and a great player. He starts when he is healthy, full stop. Getting a share of Willis and Brown minutes. Easy to get high on Willis tonight, bu Willis is a bumslayer. He goes off on overmatched opponents. Moderate improvement from last year's finish would be a terrific contribution from him this year and enough to help us to a final four.
            MM was a very improved defender last Season and played good enough to get some NBA attention. We really need him back, and the sooner, the better. I have been told both he and Willis worked very hard on improving their game this summer. Thus, both will play major roles for us this Season. I love how much competition the Shocks have to earn playing time but yet they are very supportive of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              Opponent aside, that was a particularly impressive first half.
              That was a very fun first half to watch. This team scores like the teams in the early 80s but they play better defense. This should be a great season.

Comment

The Shocks 3-point accuracy, team play, and rim protection was a joy to watch unfold.

Comment

• Hard to find negatives but I do have a few mild concerns. We saw this DW last year at
                  times but he didn't sustain it. As good as Jones is I have not been impressed with his
                  court vision as he has missed open team mates too often. He needs to improve on that.
                  I don't want our bigs to get carried away with their three point shooting. I would like to
                  see more low post offense from the big guys. Still haven't seen DW use his right hand.
                  Maybe they are keeping it secret for now. Will be interested to see how both MM and DW
                  respond when MM returns to the starting line up. I think both DW and Jones are forcing their
                  offense right now trying to make their case for starting. It's working against bad defensive teams
                  but could prove counter productive when we play good defensive teams.....just my opinion.

Comment

• Fun fact: we tied for the highest scoring margin yesterday with Xavier.

Comment

• And I believe we had the highest score.

Comment

• Darral still not using the right hand. He received the ball one the right side last night but still deferred to his left hand and got it blocked. Gregg emphatically raised his right hand and shook it to make the point.

SHJ still goes a little juco every now and then but his positives far outweigh any negatives.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• im4wsu
                          im4wsu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          When I look at Gregg I always see him using his left hand to adjust his watch on his arm.

• wusphlash
                          wusphlash commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wasn't the left handed watch wiggle. It was the we've been working on this all summer right handed shake.

• nm

Comment

• Didnt get to watch but when I heard the score, wow! Nice win Shoxs!
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                          X