Early Signing Period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Signing Period

Today is the first day of the Early Signing Period.

In case you haven't been following along in the Recruiting Forum, it's probably worth posting here. If you're so inclined, you might wander over and take a look at all the great work shocks02 and others have been doing. So far, it looks to have been a fantastic day for WSU.

All the expected LOIs are in-hand:

Stevenson 6'4" 2-guard from Washington
    Poor Bear Chandler 6'9" C from Omaha (now prep at Sunrise)
    Udeze 6'8" PF from Texas (now prep in Florida)
    Echenique 6'11" C from JuCo in Texas.

Plus a high-ceiling guy that blew up this summer committed and signed today.
    Chance Moore 6'9" 3-guard from Louisville (now prep in West Virginia)

Their top PG target, Alex Lomax, from Memphis just said he will announce tonight.

Hopefully, A-Lo will want to be the straw that stirs this drink.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

That's a pretty impressive Freshman class coming in! Especially cool that all these young men signed on the 1st day of the signing period. Great job Coach Marshall and all his assistants! Well done!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Today is the first day of the Early Signing Period.

In case you haven't been following along in the Recruiting Forum, it's probably worth posting here. If you're so inclined, you might wander over and take a look at all the great work shocks02 and others have been doing. So far, it looks to have been a fantastic day for WSU.

All the expected LOIs are in-hand:

Stevenson 6'4" 2-guard from Washington
        Poor Bear Chandler 6'9" C from Omaha (now prep at Sunrise)
        Udeze 6'8" PF from Texas (now prep in Florida)
        Echenique 6'11" C from JuCo in Texas.

Plus a high-ceiling guy that blew up this summer committed and signed today.
        Chance Moore 6'9" 3-guard from Louisville (now prep in West Virginia)

Their top PG target, Alex Lomax, from Memphis just said he will announce tonight.
        I'm sure I can find these answers in their respective threads on the recruiting forum, but this is easier (for me) than reading through each of their full threads.

Who appears to be the best get?

Is Echenique related to that Creighton guy?

We have six scholarships opening if no one leaves early, right? Five are accounted for, and Lomax would be six?

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

I'm sure I can find these answers in their respective threads on the recruiting forum, but this is easier (for me) than reading through each of their full threads.

We have six scholarships opening if no one leaves early, right? Five are accounted for, and Lomax would be six?
          Highest rated would either be Stevenson or Udeze.

No, he is not.

Correct.

Comment

Right now, I'm not sure who the best is of the group who have committed or signed, perhaps Poor Bear because he was listed as an ESPN 4*. If A-Lo commits tonight, I'm pretty sure he's the best of the bunch.

No relation to the Creighton guy and you are correct about the number of scholarships. I'm thinking after 9pm this evening, all six will be spoken for!

Comment

I think of the 5 that have signed, Stevenson and Udeze are the most ready to contribute. Moore probably has the highest ceiling of these 5. Mostly, I think they all fit Marshall such that they will over-perform relative to their ratings, much as we have seen repeatedly in the past. If Lomax signs, I would change my answer to Lomax.

Not that anyone can find. I believe Creighton-Echenique was from Venezuela and this guy is from Columbia. But I don't know for sure.

That is my math.

Also, in what should be a surprise to no one, Marshall has a JuCo and 3 guys that have taken a prep year. He likes men on his team. I'm sure shocks02 could give better answers than I, he is quite the recruiting guru. Shout-out to him for all the work he does.

Edit: see, he's way better and faster at this than me.

Comment

What makes Coach Marshall so successful here where the critics said it could not be done, especially on a regular basis. One of those keys is the talented and tireless -working Staff he surrounds himself with. This was a recruiting Season that had to glitter like never before being hit so hard by graduation. If we sign Lomax tonight, the Shocks run the table and knock it out of the park and only the best of the best do that.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Wooglin
                  Wooglin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What makes it even more impressive is this was done after losing his top 2 assistant coaches

Getting Lomax would just be the icing on the cake tonight. Would be the top recruit of the class if I'm not mistaken.
                "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

If we get A-Lo tonight WSU has officially entered, without a shadow of a doubt, "reload" status as a program, not a team, a program.

Comment

The latest from Rivals puts Wichita State in the driver's seat for A-Lo:

Five-star wing Keldon Johnson has set his decision date and other National Signing Week notes.

Comment

Certainly getting giddy about what's happening today and then remember we already have a verbal for next year in Mr. Gordon. Yes it's only a verbal but wow, just wow.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I give a HUGE shoutout to the coaching staff for pulling off this recruiting class. We lost two outstanding assistants over the off season and then this group comes away with this group of recruits. Great job to Coaches Lindsted, Brown, Jones and of course the head man, Coach Marshall. Our program is in excellent hands.
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

I'm really high on Erik Stevenson. The kid has skill and work ethic and is already a die hard Shocker. He's Ron Baker 2.0. IMO

Comment

OK I'm a Wichita State fan and have been all of my life. I am used to having my heart torn out and stomped on and being bitterly disappointed. NOT TODAY! this recruiting class even if ALo does not sign (but I believe he will when he sees his supporting cast) I am so amazed at the talent that is coming to OUR University to represent OUR program. What a tremendous job the staff has done this and previous years. Thank you for making an old man happy

Comment

Working...
                            X