No announcement yet.

Early Signing Period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda seems like the day after Christmas. The packages are unwrapped. All the anticipation and now it's over.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Not quite -- still waiting to unwrap Lomax's LOI.

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
    What is the general consensus of their fans over this signing?
    Wringing their hands over how Tubby Smith handled it. He had a lot of time invested in recruiting Lomax, then suddenly did a 180 to focus on Tyler Harris and dropped Lomax in the grease. There will be major meltdown if they whiff on Tyler Harris.

Comment

I honestly hope Tyler Harris goes to Memphis. We want Tubby to get things going again. Plus, Harris vs Lomax would be an awesome matchup and possibly friendly rivalry for 4 years. Both schools recruited both players and both are from Memphis, so could be very interesting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
        What is the general consensus of their fans over this signing?
        One poster had a unique take on it ...

"Well, the good news is that it looks like we will get to see Marshall coaching Memphis talent in the AAC after all."

MemphisTigers.org: The #1 Board for Memphis Tigers sports on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          Kinda seems like the day after Christmas. The packages are unwrapped. All the anticipation and now it's over.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Ya know I always kidded my Dad that I was a Christmas present. My birthday is Septermber 24th.

Comment

• ROOT ANGRY!
              ROOT ANGRY! commented
              Editing a comment
              That's some effective mistletoe

Signing 6 in the fall is amazing. Signing all 6 on the first day is just impossible to believe. I doubt if we will sign another this fall, but a juco or 5th year Senior in the spring would not shock me a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Signing 6 in the fall is amazing. Signing all 6 on the first day is just impossible to believe. I doubt if we will sign another this fall, but a juco or 5th year Senior in the spring would not shock me a bit.
              Only signed 5; Lomax is scheduled to sign next Wednesday.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A little SMU news on the signing period. Feron Hunt, a 6-foot-6, 190-pound wing from DeSoto (Texas) High School, committed to and signed with SMU on Thursday. He’s a four-star recruit and the No. 130 player in the 2018 247Sports composite. He's the No. 11 player in Texas and No. 36 ranked wing. SMU has been in pursuit of one of the newly available 2018 prospects in five-star guard Anfernee Simons, who decommitted from Louisville after the FBI investigation and scandal. He would be a long shot for SMU but we are still in the mix. He won't sign until the Spring signing period.

It sounds like you guys signed a heck of a class. Good luck in getting Lomax. The better y'all do, the better the AAC does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathman View Post
                  A little SMU news on the signing period. Feron Hunt, a 6-foot-6, 190-pound wing from DeSoto (Texas) High School, committed to and signed with SMU on Thursday. He’s a four-star recruit and the No. 130 player in the 2018 247Sports composite. He's the No. 11 player in Texas and No. 36 ranked wing. SMU has been in pursuit of one of the newly available 2018 prospects in five-star guard Anfernee Simons, who decommitted from Louisville after the FBI investigation and scandal. He would be a long shot for SMU but we are still in the mix. He won't sign until the Spring signing period.

It sounds like you guys signed a heck of a class. Good luck in getting Lomax. The better y'all do, the better the AAC does.
                  Lomax committed last night.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    But didn't sign, bighouse. And as I've said before, I'm not counting him until he signs.

I have no reason to doubt that he will, but I'm an Alabama football fan and have seen an elite player commit to Auburn at a signing ceremony and then sign the next day with Bama. So I count no chickens until they actually hatch, and am eagerly awiating Lomax's LOI. Right now the count is 5+, but not six.

• bighouse
                    bighouse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hopefully Ole Miss and Memphis dont have Alabama football money....

Originally posted by Mathman View Post
                  A little SMU news on the signing period. Feron Hunt, a 6-foot-6, 190-pound wing from DeSoto (Texas) High School, committed to and signed with SMU on Thursday. He’s a four-star recruit and the No. 130 player in the 2018 247Sports composite. He's the No. 11 player in Texas and No. 36 ranked wing.
                  That's awesome, congrats! I know WSU was recruiting him for a while as well.

Man, I love this new conference. There are actually other teams that try to and are capable of doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by bighouse View Post

Lomax committed last night.
                    Question: Why would a recruit give a verbal during the signing period rather than just sign? Makes no sense to this dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Question: Why would a recruit give a verbal during the signing period rather than just sign? Makes no sense to this dude.
                      Lots of times the signing itself is an event at a player's high school, so a player may decide they want to announce their decision but not immediate sign because they need to schedule the signing event with their high school.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Judging from the podcast Royal linked to in the Lomax thread, that's what's happening, which was reassuring to me at least.

Media will be invited and it will be a big deal for Alo and his family.

Comment

Big picture comment: Has anyone else noticed how the schools we are in competition with for recruits have changed DRASTICALLY over the last 2 years? It used to be we were in the running with schools that would be considered top 150. The last 2 years and very obviously this year, it has all been with the major football schools and top 50. To me it is one of the clearest signs of our national respect, and our national prowess in the eyes of the (18 year old) beholders.

Comment

Working...
                        X