No announcement yet.

CJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could it be that he's trying to decide if he wants to redshirt or not? If only freshman or newcomers are allowed to play in exhibition games without burning a shirt, perhaps CJ is trying to decide whether to do so? Therefore he didn't play in the exhibitions. That wouldn't be too far fetched if we still think he might be the 11th man off the bench.

Comment

• giskard
      giskard commented
      Editing a comment
      You would think Marshall would have said it was related to a decision on taking a redshirt if that was the case.

• Topshock
      Topshock commented
      Editing a comment
      No it couldn't be.

• wusphlash
      wusphlash commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a shame so many, including me, assumed a negative answer when a redshirt decision could very possibly be the reason.

That would be nice if it was a redshirt decision, but that not what it is based of what I’ve heard.

Again, since it is just hearsay at this point and I don’t know all the details, I will refrain from posting.
    The Assman

Comment

Hopefully it has nothing to do with the law.

Comment

It's a shame so many, including me, assumed a negative answer when a redshirt decision could very possibly be the reason.
        Don't feel too bad, sphlash. An uninjued player in street clothes (historically) approaches 100% of being caused by something negative.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
          Could it be that he's trying to decide if he wants to redshirt or not? If only freshman or newcomers are allowed to play in exhibition games without burning a shirt, perhaps CJ is trying to decide whether to do so? Therefore he didn't play in the exhibitions. That wouldn't be too far fetched if we still think he might be the 11th man off the bench.
          Mike mentioned on his pregame show last night about CJ not playing and it was non-basketball related. I believe it was Bob that said something about the wisdom of decisions and choices, so it sounds to me like it has nothing to do with redshirting.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
            Mike mentioned on his pregame show last night about CJ not playing and it was non-basketball related. I believe it was Bob that said something about the wisdom of decisions and choices, so it sounds to me like it has nothing to do with redshirting.
            Since he is still on the team, it must be something that coach thinks can be worked out, and he must view CJ as an asset. Otherwise, I imagine he would have been dismissed. This just might be the scenario, whatever it is, that fires up the young man and takes him to the next level on the team. I hope so!

Comment

• pogo
              pogo commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope it is just not paying attention to going to class or study

There could be 420 odd reasons that he isn't playing. Let's not go into the dank recesses of our minds and steamroller this kid's reputation. We can all hope that this just a one-hitter occurrence and he'll be back in the dugout soon. I think it does go to the gravity of the situation that our budding young star is in street clothes. Hopefully he'll take a deep breath and come out in a blaze of glory. As Herb Sendek once said, "I see great potential here."
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• proshox
              proshox commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow BOBB that was hard to follow!

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              I seIe wIhat you did there.

• Wooglin
              Wooglin commented
              Editing a comment
              9??? Thought 7 was a good hit. I must have rolled a few together!

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
            Hopefully it has nothing to do with the law.
            Would be public record, so unlikely that this the case.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

don't forget all those times Shaq was in the doghouse and he came out better for it. CJ is still young and has a chance learn and improve on his situation.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Very true, Dan -- remember that Shaq was even left home from a road trip once upon a time, and it all eventually worked out. So I'm hoping for the best with CJ. He definitely has some talent.

I think Coach Marshall is very serious about helping his boys become men. Sometimes, that road is a little rough.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                I think Coach Marshall is very serious about helping his boys become men. Sometimes, that road is a little rough.
                I agree. Obviously 3G loves to win basketball games but I think he also loves to mold his players into quality young men.
                Last edited by Kochaddict; November 7, 2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post

I agree. Obviously 3G loves to win basketball games but I think he also loves to mold his players into quality young men.
                  FIFY

Comment

• Kochaddict
                    Kochaddict commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks 76.

Isn't a rumor, just saying. Wish the kid, well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                    This is a good thing that Coach Marshall does this because not many basketball players make a living at playing basketball after college so the Ship gives players a great opportunity to get educated for their future endeavors when their basketball playing days are over.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
                      Isn't a rumor, just saying. Wish the kid, well.
                      You are right. Rumor is not the correct term. I believe you have it mistaken for "libel".
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                      X