Bradley Coach fires back on Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
    I'd rather HCGM didn't call out a MVC team by name--what's the point? Honestly I'll bet he might agree if he wasn't speaking off the cuff--I expect he won't do it again for instance.
    I doubt he meant to call anyone out, nor does he have it in for Wardle (maybe but I doubt it). He isn't concerned with being politically correct, and often says what he thinks without filtering it first. Otoh, he often does have a filter for Wichita things. I doubt he thought that comment would get around to people who would be bothered by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
      I wish we all would take that tact. The MVC served us well for many years and it is really not the fault of those remaining that we outgrew the conference. To me, when we grind on those remaining it simply sounds like sour grapes when in fact what remains are raisins.
      Those teams are exactly why we "outgrew" the MVC. They refused to spend and even try to make their programs better, all the while sniping at WSU and doing what they could to hold them back. If GM (the seldom named MVC coach of the year) wants to take a shot at them occasionally then I'm all for it. He certainly doesn't need posters making excuses for them.

Comment

I would expect any coach of a similar program to respond exactly like Wardle did. Remember when Gary Williams complained about something relating to mid-majors and Barry Hinson called him out to schedule a game? We all cheered the offer, as we should have.

How about we schedule the game and beat them? By next year they should be respectable.

Comment

Typically I would be indifferent whether we schedule an MVC team like Bradley. That is, assuming the MVC team would not be too much of a RPI drag. However, in our last game with Bradley they played like they were trying to injure the guys on our team. We don't need that crap so I say no thanks as long as Wardle is the coach there.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Array

well. .... thanks forum for changing my post to array.

original post:

My only problem with Wardle's request is he was asking for a H/H ... Right now they are an RPI drag, so the best we should do is a Buy game. If they improve (which i think they will), we can talk H/H then.

Comment

Array

Everyone should know my original response to RoyalShock was awesome. I'll just give the quick-hitters.

1) Barry and MSU didn't have a shot at Maryland. Wardle and Bradley have had more than enough shots at WSU. And the results leave nothing to the imagination.
              2) When your team playing another team becomes so frustrating that your team starts playing in a way that is likely to result in injury to the other team, you should probably pipe down.
              3) Barry and MSU had Top 100 and Top 50 teams at MSU. It is a shame that those types of teams are frozen out of decent opportunities to prove themselves. But is anyone really asking for Maryland (as an example) to go out and start scheduling a bunch of H/Hs with RPI 300+ teams? That's what Bradley has been lately, and those are different arguments in my mind.
              Last edited by Cdizzle; October 27, 2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                Stickboy46 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was quoting RoyalShock's post also. Kung Wu you might look at this for an example of the array error.

Array

This was a test RoyalShock. Try clear out your some of your messages.

Comment

Array

Comment

I wouldn't mind scheduling SIU - even if it was just to hear Hinson's post-game comments.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                    I wish we all would take that tact. The MVC served us well for many years and it is really not the fault of those remaining that we outgrew the conference. To me, when we grind on those remaining it simply sounds like sour grapes when in fact what remains are raisins.
                    Fully agree. There is no excuse for a comment like this. In fact, it doesn't even sound like one Coach Marshall would make.

Nevertheless, the comment is demeaning and certainly not worthy of a future Hall of Fame Coach.

Comment

We all know and I might add that Gregg would agree that he is not a perfect man. This is not a big deal. He made mistakes in Canada and will make more in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

Fully agree. There is no excuse for a comment like this. In fact, it doesn't even sound like one Coach Marshall would make.

Nevertheless, the comment is demeaning and certainly not worthy of a future Hall of Fame Coach.
                        Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        We all know and I might add that Gregg would agree that he is not a perfect man. This is not a big deal. He made mistakes in Canada and will make more in the future.
                        When commenting on how tough our schedule is this year GM makes the comment "can we mix in a game with Bradley".A team that has been terrible for many years.
                        This really offends you people?? Unbelievable how easily you are offended! This is ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

When commenting on how tough our schedule is this year GM makes the comment "can we mix in a game with Bradley".A team that has been terrible for many years.
                          This really offends you people?? Unbelievable how easily you are offended! This is ridiculous!
                          Agreed. Bradley screwed themselves a number of years back at the worst possible time. Now their stuck and we're gone. C'est la vie.

Comment

Array

Edit: Well, that was annoying.

Needless to say, I didn't post "array;" I actually agreed with Royal and added that (a) I thought Wardle was right to respond as he did, but that (b) -- although I wouldn't have said something of that sort out loud myself -- I also had no problem with Marshall's comment if accurately quoted. Stuff happens, as they say; we know 3G is undiplomatic and are happy that he is. I also hoped that Bradley might someday get back to being a team worth scheduling H/H -- they're probably one of a minority of Valley teams that have a realistic chance of achieving that at some point.
                            Last edited by WSUwatcher; October 28, 2017, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Who's this "Bradley" you speak of? Don't get me wrong I seem to maybe remember this "Bradley" name of years gone past...but right now I am focused on Cincinnati and Connecticut and Memphis and Houston and Tulsa.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X