No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame looking good early. They will be a tough matchup. Should be a good game tomorrow if they win tonight.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Anyone catch that shocker jacket behind the booth at the Baylor-crieghton game

Comment

• LSU is hot garbage. Looks like Notre Dame is going to get a chance to rest some guys in the 2nd half.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Looks like it's gonna be ND. Farrah, their PG, is quick. The team is very comparable to ours with two big differences: 1. They are red hot from three. 2. I don't think they defend as well. This will be a very challenging matchup as I am not sure our guards will be able to stick with theirs. I wasn't able to watch today's game against MU, but Zach Brown and Shamet have struggled defending in half-court sets. We aren't going to be able to use our Press on these guys, IMO. I'll just say I will be VERY impressed if we can beat ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
            Looks like it's gonna be ND. Farrah, their PG, is quick. The team is very comparable to ours with two big differences: 1. They are red hot from three. 2. I don't think they defend as well. This will be a very challenging matchup as I am not sure our guards will be able to stick with theirs. I wasn't able to watch today's game against MU, but Zach Brown and Shamet have struggled defending in half-court sets. We aren't going to be able to use our Press on these guys, IMO. I'll just say I will be VERY impressed if we can beat ND.
            Farrel might slice us up if we don't do a better job on the dribble drive then what we have the past couple of games. I believe they are pretty experienced also, so I don't think our press could rattle them...etc.

We will have to play better than the past 2 games offensively (from the perimeter). Shox can do it, but it will be a battle!
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• ND moves the ball very well. Mike Brey always has a good offence.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Farrel might slice us up if we don't do a better job on the dribble drive then what we have the past couple of games. I believe they are pretty experienced also, so I don't think our press could rattle them...etc.

We will have to play better than the past 2 games offensively (from the perimeter). Shox can do it, but it will be a battle!
                Agreed. Maybe Shamet and Shaq can put Farrel* and Colson on a milk carton. I would thrilled to see Shaq give Colson da business.

Comment

• If we end up playing Notre Dame the gameplan should be simple; stop Matt Farrell. The gameplan should've been the same the last two games. Against Cal, stop Don Coleman. Against Marquette, stop Rowsey and Howard. Yet we weren't able to execute very well on either of those. None of these teams have bigs or forwards that are going to beat us without serious help.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    If we end up playing Notre Dame the gameplan should be simple; stop Matt Farrell. The gameplan should've been the same the last two games. Against Cal, stop Don Coleman. Against Marquette, stop Rowsey and Howard. Yet we weren't able to execute very well on either of those. None of these teams have bigs or forwards that are going to beat us without serious help.
                    You don't think Colson and their bigs are good enough?

Comment

• This ND team is making me think that tomorrow is going to be an even more frustrating version of the 2015 game. The positive is that I think we could have the firepower to keep up this time.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                        ShockingButTrue commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If this team shoots like that team it will be almost impossible to win. They shot 75% in the second half. Brey coaches some serious x's and o's.

• ND is good but we need to face a good team.

We can't have anymore rust and stupid turnovers. We can't get sped up and panic. We definitely owe this team from 2015. Hopefully, Marshall reminds them of that one.

I'm very curious to see a line on this one. I'd have to think it'll be around -2.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        This ND team is making me think that tomorrow is going to be an even more frustrating version of the 2015 game. The positive is that I think we could have the firepower to keep up this time.
                        We have better size this year than the 14-15 team. That year we had 6'7" Carter starting at the 5 and 6'4" Wessel starting at the 4. The current crop of Senior big guys were wet behind the ears freshmen that weren't quite ready for prime time.

Comment

• If we are in some fashion an underdog against ND then either we’re not worthy of our ranking, or they are under-ranked.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            We can't have anymore rust and stupid turnovers. We can't get sped up and panic.
                            In other words, let Jones get first row seats to this one?

Comment

• We really need to get out and run against Baylor or I’m afraid we’ll have trouble breaking 20 points against their zone.

Comment

Working...
                              X