No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. CJ is a good enough coach to do his own game planning as HCCJ, while HCGM is lost when when we lose to Top teams. Maybe we just need to replace HCGM with HCCJ to win. CJ is obviously better.

Comment

• Rlh04d
      Rlh04d commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah. Obviously better. That Marshall guy is kind of a bum.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    Yes. CJ is a good enough coach to do his own game planning as HCCJ, while HCGM is lost when when we lose to Top teams. Maybe we just need to replace HCGM with HCCJ to win. CJ is obviously better.
    I would guess that he would make an excellent t HC at WSU some day

Comment

• CJ is definitely the first call made, if/when 3G decides to leave/step down.

I doubt they’d have to make a second.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post

I would guess that he would make an excellent t HC at WSU some day
        Maybe but there is a lot of difference between being a head coach and an assistant coach. Just maybe you ought to wait a few years and see what he does with his own recruits. Sustaining something is important too.

Chris Lowery even signed a 1 million dollar contract after one year of winning with other coaches recruits and he has proven not to be what he seemed. Scott Thompson won the Southwest Conference (Texas, Arkansas, Baylor, etc.) at Rice before he failed miserably at WSU. He wasn't what he seemed either.

Are you going to give over the keys to the kingdom with such little data?

Comment

• Lost in the shuffle yesterday, but Oklahoma State went into Tallahassee and took down previously-unbeaten #19 Florida State.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Rlh04d
            Rlh04d commented
            Editing a comment
            Big win for OSU, but the game was actually near Miami (~8 hours away from Tallahassee) as part of the Orange Bowl Classic. Not sure if that counts as a home court or a neutral court. Clemson beat Florida as part of the same event.

• ShockerFever
            ShockerFever commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah. That will take a little bit of the edge off. Thanks.

Still a good one though.

• I hope Shaka Smart likes that Texas money. That’s all they have to offer. Fan support is ****. Look at that empty arena.

Comment

• SMU taking it to Boise State up 32-18. Tulane was down 20 to Nicholls but has had a furious comeback and trails by 2 with 7 left. ECU dropped an egg but USF managed to win by double-digits.

Comment

• Not quite a game of interest yet but #15 undefeated TCU is up by 2 at half against winless Texas Southern. The most interesting part is that Texas Southern isn’t even that bad, 212 in KenPom and they’re the best SWAC school by a decent margin. Half of the SWAC schools are currently winless. What a disgrace to D1 basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                Not quite a game of interest yet but #15 undefeated TCU is up by 2 at half against winless Texas Southern. The most interesting part is that Texas Southern isn’t even that bad, 212 in KenPom and they’re the best SWAC school by a decent margin. Half of the SWAC schools are currently winless. What a disgrace to D1 basketball.
                Up 2 at the half against a winless SWAC opponent? We'd be getting ripped if happened to us. Something tells me it'll go unnoticed for the Big 12 team.

I'm not sold on TCU, considering they won't play a single OOC road game. P******.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  I hope Shaka Smart likes that Texas money. That’s all they have to offer. Fan support is ****. Look at that empty arena.
                  They're a football school...I mean baseball school...I mean volleyball school.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Indiana beats Notre Dame. Then gets woodshed treatment by Fort Wayne tonight 92-72 at Assembly Hall.

If you're out there JH4P (or others), is there a measurable effect on our advanced metrics from Indiana beating ND and getting blown out at home by Ft Wayne and Terre Haute?

Seems I may have answered my own question. Believe Kenpom had us #7 earlier today. Post IU debacle we are now #8.

Comment

• Not enough to move a meter in a meaningful manner. There are so many opponents' opponents over the course of the year that the impact is diluted in a big way by the time the dust settles.

Comment

• Texas destroys Tennessee State at home 47-46.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          SMU taking it to Boise State up 32-18. Tulane was down 20 to Nicholls but has had a furious comeback and trails by 2 with 7 left. ECU dropped an egg but USF managed to win by double-digits.
                          SMU got a key player back. I think they are going to end up being pretty damn good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Texas destroys Tennessee State at home 47-46.
                            And in an interesting twist, the combined score of 93 equaled the number of fans in the arena.

Comment

Working...
                            X