No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owls win. Not many teams helping their at-large chances.

Comment

• Well the pick em is going to be ugly this week.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• So smu and Florida state get their home winning streak snapped. Does that mean we're #1 now or where does that put us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
          So smu and Florida state get their home winning streak snapped. Does that mean we're #1 now or where does that put us?
          I think Cincinnati is higher by 2 games. Not sure if where they are playing right now is counting towards that streak though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
            So smu and Florida state get their home winning streak snapped. Does that mean we're #1 now or where does that put us?
            With the Oklahoma loss, our streak is minimal...four, I think. Our CKA record is impressive, but we don’t have a long current home streak.

78-65

Comment

• Shocker1388
              Shocker1388 commented
              Editing a comment
              I remember seeing on tv that our streak was 26 at cka? Idk correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone have an answer?

• WuShock16
              WuShock16 commented
              Editing a comment
              1388, that sounds about right. Won the last 3, I think, in 2016. Had 16 last year. Have had like 8 this year.

• Temple > Moody Magic
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Somebody else said it, but it's going to be tough finding at large teams this year. I wasn't sold on 2-4 American at large, and now that's even more in doubt. The Big10? It is possible they could get 1 at large...how crazy is that? If New Mexico State can run the WAC or maybe just lose 1 then not win the tourney, they absolutely should be in the mix. How crazy would it be for the Big10 and WAC to get the same number of teams in the dance?

Comment

• Temple is a team the Shocks need to be very careful with this year -- their start and their style kind of make them the American's answer to the UNIs, and we all know how obnoxious those games were capable of being.

Of course, the Shocks would do well to beat them twice; but at least Temple has enough of a name and a good enough RPI profile that losing to them, in case it happens, wouldn't be a "bad loss," unlike losses to almost anyone in the Valley would have been almost any season recently.
                Last edited by WSUwatcher; January 10, 2018, 11:59 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Somebody else said it, but it's going to be tough finding at large teams this year. I wasn't sold on 2-4 American at large, and now that's even more in doubt. The Big10? It is possible they could get 1 at large...how crazy is that? If New Mexico State can run the WAC or maybe just lose 1 then not win the tourney, they absolutely should be in the mix. How crazy would it be for the Big10 and WAC to get the same number of teams in the dance?
                  This isn’t 2012 anymore where Iona and Oral Roberts were the last 2 teams in (until a last minute A10 upset knocked ORU out). The committee is now full of a bunch Jay Bilas’s. Expect 5 from the B1G.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post

This isn’t 2012 anymore where Iona and Oral Roberts were the last 2 teams in (until a last minute A10 upset knocked ORU out). The committee is now full of a bunch Jay Bilas’s. Expect 5 from the B1G.
                    Yep. Also, didn't only 1 "mid major" get an at large last year? Or was it 0? Either way, it was a perfect time to get out of the Valley. Mid Majors are getting hosed these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post

Except Jim Schaus is on it. I have wondered if he isn't the main one moving the selection criteria away from rpi, to also considering other metrics.

Comment

• Just tuned in Tulsa at Houston. Why are they playing at Texas Southern’s gym? And the attendance is just embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          Just tuned in Tulsa at Houston. Why are they playing at Texas Southern’s gym? And the attendance is just embarrassing.
                          Their home arena is being renovated. They'll be back on campus next year.
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Just tuned in Tulsa at Houston. Why are they playing at Texas Southern’s gym? And the attendance is just embarrassing.
                            UH is doing a major renovation, so they’re playing off campus this year. They go from bad neighborhood to worse with the campus move.

Comment

You will find better numbers at a Friday night high school game in Kansas!

Comment

Working...
                              X