No announcement yet.

Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me, if any former players come out and implicate or say anything negative about GM or WSU, and if those same players have the nads to don an Affershocks jersey (assuming that tournament will be played), you can put me in the category of not going to watch and support them. (If anyone really cares what I do anyway).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I will just say there are about 4 or 5 former players who's opinion I care about and would put a lot of weight in. If they don't speak up negatively, then I am not gonna really worry.

And, I don't want to sound flippant because I know these are impressionable kids here, but unless we are talking about more than mean words and extra sprints or stairs, what the hell are we getting our panties in a wad over? Cause that crap has been going on since Norman Dale....
      One of the best movie scenes... EVER!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Then I guess we should issue a snowflake alert for the next several months.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Coach let one of his most important players step away from the team for his mental health. Then helped him back onto the team when he was ready.

The other players supposedly were mad that a teammate was allowed to take care of their mental health and not be punished.

I'm sure somehow the other players will turn this as a negative against Marshall and the players were all saints in this.

Comment

• In 1 week.

This guy is washed up. Nobody wants to play for him anymore. time to move on.

oh wait, Nevermind.

Comment

• Welfare check.. 1976.

Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Goes to show that there are guys lined up waiting to play for one of the best coaches in the country.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Goes to show that there are guys lined up waiting to play for one of the best coaches in the country.
                  I don't think for a minute that the WSU coaches were just sitting by their phones taking calls form guys begging to play at Wichita State. I think our coaches have probably worked their asses off to get these commitments and to overcome the negative tone that had set in around the program. Kudos to them for doing that very well so far.

Of course, the work is not done. We still have a big hole or two to fill but they certainly took care of the minefield they were facing 3 days ago. Job #1 was probably taking care of the point guard position. They appear to have done that magnificently. The next big challenge will be to find 1 or 2 capable front court players to go along with the 3 we have to fill the 80 minutes a game in the front count.

Once that is done then that is just the first step. They then have to mold these guys into a team, install a system that will maximize the talents of the group they have recruited and then get the team to buy into that and not have this all fall apart again a year from now.

Nevertheless, Shocker fans have to feel far better about the prospects of this happening now than they did 3 days ago.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 30, 2020, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Don’t get it twisted.

Players want to play for Marshall and in front of the WSU fans.
                    The Assman

Comment

• From what I've seen - yeah, they're highlight vids - when the new batch of guards call for a high screen, they're going to the rim and not just dribbling back and forth because they didn't have the skills to actually use the high screen.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Congratulations to Gregg Marshall and his staff.
                        While everyone on this site was whining and wanting to toss Marshall, now these nimrods are eating crow.

Figure it out people, we have the best coach we have ever had, and that is saying a lot, since we had Ralph Miller and Gene Smithson.

Marshall wasn't just sitting at home crying in his beer, he was working his a** off.
                        Look at the results, and you can expect a couple of big men coming soon.

Our coach is one of the top 15 coaches in the country.

So now, who the hell cares what the group of quitters have to say?
                        Anything they say now will be sour grapes.
                        They, like Marshalls critics can go suck an egg.

Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
                          Congratulations to Gregg Marshall and his staff.
                          While everyone on this site was whining and wanting to toss Marshall, now these nimrods are eating crow.

Figure it out people, we have the best coach we have ever had, and that is saying a lot, since we had Ralph Miller and Gene Smithson.

Marshall wasn't just sitting at home crying in his beer, he was working his a** off.
                          Look at the results, and you can expect a couple of big men coming soon.

Our coach is one of the top 15 coaches in the country.

So now, who the hell cares what the group of quitters have to say?
                          Anything they say now will be sour grapes.
                          They, like Marshalls critics can go suck an egg.

Go Shocks.

Lets not forget tho, how much on the noise comes from trolls who want to see Wichita State fall off the Earth because they are jealous of the success..

On twitter (besides the typical KUs) I saw a fn Indiana troll for some stupid reason trying to pied piper anti-Marshall calls.

Idiots

Comment

• With as quickly as these spots were filled with such highly touted kids, any chance some of the players leaving were told not to come back? Just seems a little planned to me. And good for the program. Some of those guys were “not at this level”.

GoShox!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              Don’t get it twisted.

Players want to play for Marshall and in front of the WSU fans.
                              So have all the players that have left when they first committed. Here is the deal. For what-ever reason GGG thrives when the chips are down. He did it after the mass turnover two years ago. In the moment and on paper, he did a very good job of recruiting. Remember all the warm and fuzzy's we have had over the past couple of recruiting years. As 1972 said, we have 1 or 2 holes yet to fill in the front-court, which I am confident GGG will get one really good one for sure. Then the next phase of the heavy lifting begins. GGG and his staff are going to have to create a much different environment than in the past. They will need to dummy down, for lack of a better term, the system. There are only 5 returning scholarship players, with 8 total newcomers. Three of the "veterans" will only be in their second year in the system. One of the reasons PBC has not consistently been a trusted rotation player is his inability to learn the system. I believe one of the frustrations of the departed players is they struggled with parts of the system and GGG probably wasn't as patient managing that as he should have. It is difficult to maximize the talent on the team if the team is thinking in slow motion because they are learning a complicated system. Part of the buy-in of the players to the system is their ability to confidently execute it. All this is part of "molding" the team as 1972 mentioned. GGG has a talented group coming in. He, admittedly, hasn't done a good job of relating his principles and managing expectations. I want to believe he is smart enough to make adjustments, while still ingraining toughness and accountability.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Welfare check.. 1976.
                                You want to augment Marshall's $3.5 million salary with a welfare check? Not a strategy for me as I have had enough of Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                                X