Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Daily

I made the mistake of tuning into Sports Daily over the interweb yesterday in hopes of getting some breakdown on yesterday's game. Shouldn't have been surprised at the usual Bruce and Bob circle-jerk. Their organizations paid them to go up to NY and sit in a studio and talk about nothing for two hours. They didn't even talk about the game until the last five minutes of the show. Then as an aside. No research on WaSt. No player analysis. No interview with Bone or WaSt beat reporter. No interview with Marshall (maybe 3G's choice). No interview with Suellentrop. They'll be all over it today. Bitches.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Sports Daily only exists to stroke the egos of the two biggest egomaniacs in Wichita sports media. Period. They expend zero effort, sort of like the way Lutz writes his columns.

Of course, I'm sure Dennis disagrees.

I'll hang up and listen ...

--'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Spent most of the first hour gushing about what a great thing it was that the Gayhawks are coming to Wichita to play some one other than WSU. then stroked about what a great place Intrust is to watch a ballgame. ...............uh......it's not.

Comment

I've called the show before and it's a bit frustrating how quickly they 'poo-poo' most calls. Of course that's my dumb fault for calling. Even right now they are all over the place. Apparently New York hates the NIT and this is no big deal. Bob loves St. Louis baseball, and that's it. I have no idea why he is even allowed to talk about Wichita sports.

The KU game is insulting. Gutless cowards never play mid-majors until those teams beat them in the tourney.

Comment

dont disagree with anything really being said but lutz article today on derek brown was a good one and a classy move

Comment

Who cares about KU? These idiots are in NY because of Wichita State and they spend most of the time talking about Kwho. What a waste.

Comment

In the wake of a big Wichita State University victory that leaves the Shockers as the only kansas team playing & the only Kansas team playing for a post-season championship, and its all KU.
              Some old dude called and whined on forever about how he likes his football team with no expectations.
              Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
                dont disagree with anything really being said but lutz article today on derek brown was a good one and a classy move
                That was a nice piece on Derek. It is interesting how two of our better teams of recent vintage have had very strong walk-on leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed
                  In the wake of a big Wichita State University victory that leaves the Shockers as the only kansas team playing & the only Kansas team playing for a post-season championship, and its all KU.
                  Some old dude called and whined on forever about how he likes his football team with no expectations.
                  Yep. And they've argued Self vs Williams for over an hour. :roll:

Comment

Vote with your feet...
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Brown has been an excellent leader this year, I've said it all year hes just as important leadership wise as some of the other players.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Got a email this morning stating ALL WSU fans should buy tickets to the game (gate is going to USC I guess) and show up wearing yellow and bawk like chickens the whole game.

When it gets to the end and the chant starts, over power this nationally televised game with "Rock, Challk, CHICKENhawk, play W-S-U"

Comment

Back on topic...

I once wasted 2 hours listening to that second rate jackwagon show. Never again.

Fool me once...

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                            Back on topic...

I once wasted 2 hours listening to that second rate jackwagon show. Never again.

Fool me once...
                            You just wanted to type "jackwagon" didn't you?

Thankfully, deep in the bowels of our office building, I can't even get AM radio.
                            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

What makes the Heartl part of the SD content situation further annoying is that Heartl himself is a Shocker alum, and former b-baller at the Eck under Geriatric Gene.

Comment

Working...
                              X