Retreivers 6-1, Impressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retreivers 6-1, Impressive

Well, the Retrievers are not bad. They are avg. 81 PPG! Not a program used to winning much, but they have talent this year. They hit three's, they make their FT's, and 10 different times they have had players score 20+ in a game. One win is vs. George Washington, who has made three straight NCAA Tournaments. Should be good competition!

Shocker Soundoff starts at 4pm at the Shadow. By the way, I hope you are enjoying this new show. I LOVE doing it! It's the most fun I've had with sports talk during my career. The only thing I wish I could see is The Shadow develop into a gathering spot before games start. We would love to see you stop by, even if just to say hi and grab a soda. This hasn't happened nearly as much as I hoped it would. Randy is always accessable, and he would love to see you there too! Just a thought. We are LIVE there three hours prior to every game, and the show lasts two hours.

Good luck Shox Tuesday night!!!

Chris A.

you're such big celebrities, I'm intimidated by it

Comment

Have you thought about having a shuttle to the games from the Shadow. I need to get there early to get a close parking spot. I would come out there if you had a shuttle. I can't walk very far.

Comment

I may be in town tomorrow. Where is the Shadow? Are there any sportin' women nearby?

Comment

^central and rock. there's a starbucks next to it, a dillion's, chili's, and krispy kreme across the street

Comment

The Old Grape?

Comment

The old Grape it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                I may be in town tomorrow. Where is the Shadow? Are there any sportin' women nearby?
                Does Freddie know you are out trolling?

Comment

Re: Retreivers 6-1, Impressive

Originally posted by SportsRadio 1410 KGSO
                  Well, the Retrievers are not bad. They are avg. 81 PPG! Not a program used to winning much, but they have talent this year. They hit three's, they make their FT's, and 10 different times they have had players score 20+ in a game. One win is vs. George Washington, who has made three straight NCAA Tournaments. Should be good competition!

Shocker Soundoff starts at 4pm at the Shadow. By the way, I hope you are enjoying this new show. I LOVE doing it! It's the most fun I've had with sports talk during my career. The only thing I wish I could see is The Shadow develop into a gathering spot before games start. We would love to see you stop by, even if just to say hi and grab a soda. This hasn't happened nearly as much as I hoped it would. Randy is always accessable, and he would love to see you there too! Just a thought. We are LIVE there three hours prior to every game, and the show lasts two hours.

Good luck Shox Tuesday night!!!

Chris A.
                  I work pretty much every day, so it's hard for me to stop by. But I do listen as much as I can and have enjoyed it quite a bit. Keep up the good work!
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Cowboy
                    Have you thought about having a shuttle to the games from the Shadow. I need to get there early to get a close parking spot. I would come out there if you had a shuttle. I can't walk very far.
                    Very good idea. Another good idea might be moving the show to a sports bar.

Comment

A sports bar would be good. People don't want to go to the Shadow before a basketball game. It just doesn't work.

Comment

Chris, the show is really, really good. This early in the "game" I never thought it would be as polished as it is and I look forward to the rest of the season. See you guys this afternoon!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                          Originally posted by ABC
                          Does Freddie know you are out trolling?
                          Nah, I just always thought that term was kinda funny.

Comment

If our 'Defense' is on tonight, I don't see the game going past the mid 60's, provided we guard the perimeter. They are not a tall team, and the fact that they play in a weaker conference, probably one that has players on the bottom of the range for height for each position should indicate that our taller height will stifle them some, at the least.

Comment

Given that three of their wins this year are against Atlantic 10 opponents (two on the road) and three of their starters are D1 transfers from larger conferences (at least I think they transferred from larger conferences), I'm not sure their conference affiliation should be much of a measuring stick. That being said, I have not looked at the line ups for GW, LaSalle, etc. to see what kind of size they have.

This looks to be an excellent team. I hope Snapshot is right and we do stifle them, but their scoring numbers are pretty staggering against quality opponents.

Hopefully, our guys will play like they are going up against Maryland, and ignore the -Baltimore County.
                              Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Working...
                              X