Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology

According to Lunardi, we're now in a 1-Bid league...

espn

Dated: 11/26/07

(It's a week old)

So

Well, that's interesting, I guess.

But, v, look back at this past season's football projections from early October -- or the current basketball RPIs, for that matter -- and then tell me why we should care what Lunardi (or any other talking or e-mailing head) thinks at this point.

Comment

Re: So

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
      tell me why we should care what Lunardi (or any other talking or e-mailing head) thinks at this point.
      Especially from the site that confirmed Les Miles was leaving LSU to go to Michigan! :lol:

Comment

But, v, look back at this past season's football projections from early October -- or the current basketball RPIs, for that matter -- and then tell me why we should care what Lunardi (or any other talking or e-mailing head) thinks at this point.
        Note ** I never said any of us should care what Lunardi thinks (I certainly don't), I was just pointing out another man's opinion.

I'm with you though, Watcher. Obviously, this is going to change quite a bit between now and selection Sunday.

Comment

Lunardi is a joke. He gets about 58 teams handed to him due to auto-bids and obvious inclusions, then he takes an educated guess on the last 6 teams to get in, something Bob Lutz could do. Any Bracketology prior to the last day of the season is nothing but a fun way to waste a work day. - But thanks for putting it on here.
          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Butler will be a 2 or 3 seed by season's end

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan
              Butler will be a 2 or 3 seed by season's end

I watched their game against Ohio State. They just better hope they don't go cold from 3 point range in the NCAA tournament, or they are done. The Buckeyes dominated them in the first half.

Comment

That crap is about as valuable as the RPI at this point in the season. Now I will say this, he definitely gets some inside info on what teams at the end of the year. Having Stanford in his bracket last year confirmed that because at 18-12 with a 60 RPI who in their right mind would have projected them in?

Comment

Means nothing at this point in the season. Rem last year some were saying the Valley was a 4 or 5 bid league! 8) :posterwu:
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'd trust Lunardi more than Lutz, but yeah who cares about bracketology in december? It'll change 58 more times before the tourny even comes. Start looking at it in late jan or early feb if ya want.
                    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Talking about this at least beats suffering through another MT thread....

:D
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                        Talking about this at least beats suffering through another MT thread....

:D
                        I wonder where A&M is ranked??? ;-)

In all seriousness, there are no signature wins for Valley teams as of yet and some questionable losses. There are still plenty of non-con opportunities out there (does every Valley team besides us play Butler?) but we need to take advantage. A lot can and will happen between now and March, but I get where Lunardi's coming from.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Updated: 12-17:

Bracketology

Still a 1-bid league, although it's Creighton, not SIU.

Comment

At this point in the season, the brackets are really just a snapshot of what has happened so for, not a genuine prediction of what will happen. The only real value is to be able to see at a glance what teams have been winning early in the season.
                            The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

The thing to remember about that also is that while Creighton is deserving right now, WSU wins Arch Madness and all of a sudden we are a 2 team league.

Comment

Working...
                              X