No announcement yet.

Games of interest for week of Dec. 2nd - 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has not been a good week for the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943
      LSU just lost. Villanova closed the game on a 35-13 type run.
      You've got to be kidding me.

On the other hand, LSU looked great through the first 25 minutes.

Comment

It wasn't that LSU looked all that bad in the last few minutes but Villanova finally woke up and hit a few shots.

LSU will get better and better throughout the year. Remember their best player is out with an injury.

Its not as if they are without talent, but quite the opposite.

They are going to be a REAL handful for us and only a supreme effort will result in a win and even then that might not be enough.

Comment

what... Are you kidding LSU did everything they could to give villinova the damn ball. At one point they had beat the full court press and the kid goes in for a dunk and just lost his dribble under the basket and the defenders were behind him. Thats pretty bad. I thought LSU looked pretty good but they didnt look good at all in the final 3-4 minutes. Those young kids made mistake after mistake and could not handle the pressure. Hell if the center would have gone for a rebound on the final shot Novas little guard wouldnt have got the put back. Lets see 6'11" vs 6'2"... who gets the rebound again??? Sadly now that they have seen that full court pressure from nova i suspect they will will be better prepared to face ours. I was really hoping they could just hang on and god knows they didnt need to do much to hold on but they just couldnt do anything right those last 3-4 minutes. But they are very young and will learn a lot from that game. I just hope what they learned doesnt show up when they are in town to face our shox.

Comment

When the big boy fouled out for LSU, Villanova pretty much had their way with them. So hopefully our staff took note and they go right at him. Maybe RC can get into his head and he'll be a non-factor (as much as a 6-11 kid can be).

Comment

final update
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

We're not the only one to drop a game that we were supposed to win:

NORMAN, Okla. - Josh Alexander provided the clutch shooting on Saturday as Stephen F. Austin recorded a rare win over a Big 12 Conference opponent.

Alexander matched his season high with 19 points as the Lumberjacks upset Oklahoma 66-62, their first win over a Big 12 opponent since 2003, when the Lumberjacks won at Baylor.

This season, Stephen F. Austin (7-1) has won five straight games -- including three straight on the road -- and has tied its best start to a season since the 1981-82 campaign.
                Sound familiar???
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                X