Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iowa St. 44
    Drake 79
    WTH!!! How can Coach Mac be worse at Iowa St than he was at UNI?

That's a "behind-the-shed" a$$ whippin'.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Then UNI loses to a poor Iowa team. Now the Panthers have two bad losses (SDSU, Iowa).

Comment

Final

NC-Wilmington 66
        Missouri St. 73

Final

Iowa 62
        N. Iowa 55

Final

Iowa St. 44
        Drake 79

Final

Creighton 66
        Xavier 79

Final

Princeton 32
        Evansville 53

Comment

Is it actually possible that Drake might be the best team in Iowa this year?

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
            They seem to be consistently good so far. We'll know for sure after they play UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
              They were last year I believe, going 4-0 against ISU, Iowa, UNI.

Comment

If you're not watching the LSU-Villanova game on LSU right you should. Their twin 6-11 bookends are going to present some real challenges for us.

Anthony Randolph is the most highly touted. Runs the ball down the floor like a PG, stops and pops from 15-18 feet, no problem.. They are blocking lots of shots.

Villanova's only score in the first 5 minutes was from a goal tending call. Rebounding, ball movement, patience and penetration, will be key for the Shox. Both Durley and PT will have their work cut out for them.

And the crowd will have to do their part also....
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I watched some. LSU had 6 blocks in the first half. #21 is going to be a problem. I think his name is Chris Johnson. He has the frame of Manute Bol.

Comment

Villanova is 3-21 from the perimeter players.

LSU has a lot of great 1-on-1 players and some great interior D around the hoop.

LSU might have a problem covering frontcourt players on the perimeter. LSU's big guys spend most of their time waiting for something to happen around the basket.

LSU doesn't box out well.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

LSU just lost. Villanova closed the game on a 35-13 type run.

Comment

I watched LSU play Chaminade last month. I knew then that their long, athletic big guys would be a major problem for us unless we had a certain 7-footer with decent defensive ability.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943
                          LSU just lost. Villanova closed the game on a 35-13 type run.
                          Wow! I watched the game up until half time. I would have never guessed the outcome.

As my good, close personal friend, JJ Clamdip, who has been banned from this esteemed forum, likes to say, "That is why they play the game."

Comment

updated:

UMKC scored 105 pts....so they probably won right? Nope, they lost to Oakland in OT 114-105.

Tad Boyle's team improved to 5-2 with an OT win against Bowling Green.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Great job Tad Boyle.

Comment

Shockerfan, thanks again for keeping this thread rolling, it's greatly appreciated. Well done Tad!

Go Shocks!!!!
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X