Koch Arena - great, but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHOXMVC -

I'm going to pretend your post is worth a response.

You really don't have a clue, do you? Why shouldn't they be sitting at their X-boxes playing Halo on-line with Lucas O'Rear while their girl friend is giving them a back rub? What were you doing when you were 20 years old and a thousand miles from where you grew up and where your parents live?

I've known a lot of WSU basketball players. I've lived with them. I've hung out with them. I've gotten to know them instead of the image they have to give the public.

Once you get past all the celebrity, public scrutiny, and fame they have to deal with, they are just young men growing up.

Basketball becoming a job is insulting to the character of the players? I got some news for you. Basketball IS their job. For most of them it's going to change from a fun recreational activity to a job in college. The sooner the players figure that out, the sooner they are able to make the adjustment to D1 ball. Hitting the weight room for hours on end isn't fun. It hurts and it's incredibly boring. Shooting 100 free throws isn't "fun". It's part of the job. 100 repetitions of the same drill isn't fun.

The players who continue having fan at the D1 level often find themselves at the D2 level. They can have a lot more fun (and not nearly as much of a job) there.

Yes, the players get sick and tired of training, conditioning, practicing, getting yelled at, and all the other things that go along with playing college basketball.

I'm not going to throw them under the bus for sometimes losing focus.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk
      Originally posted by Aargh

As for coaching - Who here wants to risk their future employment on the actions and attitudes of a group of 18 - 22 year old guys?
      d.
      I know what you are talking about what came to mind was That it sounds like you are talking about a shift manager at McDonalds. :D
      That's actually based on a quote from a coach. I ran into it so long ago, I don't remember what coach said it or the exact words, but it went like this:

"You have no idea what it's like watching a bunch of 18 year olds running up and down the court with your pay check in their mouths".
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
        SHOXMVC -

I'm going to pretend your post is worth a response.

You really don't have a clue, do you? Why shouldn't they be sitting at their X-boxes playing Halo on-line with Lucas O'Rear while their girl friend is giving them a back rub? What were you doing when you were 20 years old and a thousand miles from where you grew up and where your parents live?

I've known a lot of WSU basketball players. I've lived with them. I've hung out with them. I've gotten to know them instead of the image they have to give the public.

Once you get past all the celebrity, public scrutiny, and fame they have to deal with, they are just young men growing up.

Basketball becoming a job is insulting to the character of the players? I got some news for you. Basketball IS their job. For most of them it's going to change from a fun recreational activity to a job in college. The sooner the players figure that out, the sooner they are able to make the adjustment to D1 ball. Hitting the weight room for hours on end isn't fun. It hurts and it's incredibly boring. Shooting 100 free throws isn't "fun". It's part of the job. 100 repetitions of the same drill isn't fun.

The players who continue having fan at the D1 level often find themselves at the D2 level. They can have a lot more fun (and not nearly as much of a job) there.

Yes, the players get sick and tired of training, conditioning, practicing, getting yelled at, and all the other things that go along with playing college basketball.

I'm not going to throw them under the bus for sometimes losing focus.
        Trust me, my clue is just fine, but thanks for commenting. My perception of your post is that you are making clueless assumptions, which in turn appear to be excuses for why the lads have swung and missed 4 times at home this year.

So I guess last years team couldn't connect with O'Rear to play Halo. They appeared to be mentally ready and having fun all the same. Thanks for finding it in your heart to respond. I can now sleep well tonight.

Comment

They have only been ready for 'away games' this year so far. Their record in years past hasn't been as stellar as this year.

Comment

Can I play Halo 2 online with the player's girlfriends giving me a backrub? Bonbons and O'Smear not necessary.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
              Can I play Halo 2 online with the player's girlfriends giving me a backrub? Bonbons and O'Smear not necessary.
              Sorry, the official "excuse" manual says...O'Smear is a required, Bonbons are negotiable. ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X