No announcement yet.

Why let Rodriguez have the ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read this entire thread, but blaming HCGM for the last 4 seconds doesn't make sense to me.

Let's say you double Rodriguez and get called for a foul on the inbound pass. He goes to the line and hits both free thows and WSU still could lose by one.

How is WSU this year when they take the last shot???

Last, I watched a good Pittsburgh coach on T.V. today do the same thing HCGM did. Is Jamie Dixon a bad coach???

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
      I haven't read this entire thread, but blaming HCGM for the last 4 seconds doesn't make sense to me.

Let's say you double Rodriguez and get called for a foul on the inbound pass. He goes to the line and hits both free thows and WSU still could lose by one.

Last, I watched a good Pittsburgh coach on T.V. today do the same thing HCGM did. Is Jamie Dixon a bad coach???
      I never said double-team Rodriguez. Just apply the normal 94-feet zone pressure you normally do. You have to provide SOME resistance with 4.9 seconds. You don't have to foul, just delay entry into fore-court. Correct me again, how did it work out for us last night?

Comment

then you have 4 seconds left instead of .whatever... obviously rodriguez showed that 4 seconds is enough time to go the length of the court and put up a pretty good shot.

also not implying marshall is a bad coach, just think he made a mistake on this one.

Comment

I don't think anybody is blaming 3G for just just the last 4.9 seconds. How many possessions at the end did wsu just dribble the ball around on the perimeter and run the shot clock down and be forced to rush a bad shot? It was Deja vu all over again. Wsu got back in the game from their inside game and then abandoned it.

Comment

So true, but WSU would then have 4.4 seconds instead of 0.8 seconds to recover. We almost got the job done in 0.8.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

That makes no sense.

Rodriguez is a 87% free throw shooter.

Fouing him is almost an automatic 2 points.

Obvioulsly 4.9 seconds was not enough time to get a good shot off from the opposite baseline.

Comment

Working...
              X