X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk
    Originally posted by martymoose
    Originally posted by shockar25
    The bottom line is, WE should have been playing George Mason, not UNI. The Bracket Busters predictors really missed this year.
    Yep, but they can't predict that a team is going to fall flat on it's face, while another moves up.
    The rub, however, was at the time of the selection, GMU and WSU were better matched than who both ended up getting.
    Yeah, it seemed like they blew it even when it was announced. A GMU/WSU match up would have been HUGE.

Comment

Originally posted by GoGMU
      The bottom line is, WE should have been playing George Mason, not UNI. The Bracket Busters predictors really missed this year.
      Yep, but they can't predict that a team is going to fall flat on it's face, while another moves up.
      The rub, however, was at the time of the selection, GMU and WSU were better matched than who both ended up getting.
      Yeah, it seemed like they blew it even when it was announced. A GMU/WSU match up would have been HUGE.
      I think ESPN was looking at it like a "been there done that" scenario. Having said that, having the two mids that met in the Sweet Sixteen in a rematch seems like a real attractive story line.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

For what it is worth the vcu game will likely be the 6th best team helping wsu.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash
          I think ESPN was looking at it like a "been there done that" scenario. Having said that, having the two mids that met in the Sweet Sixteen in a rematch seems like a real attractive story line.
          You may be correct about the "been there done that" . Too bad it doesn't apply to BCS matchups.

Comment

Unfortunatly, it really wouldn't have been huge. For any GMU or WSU fan who thinks people outside of our universities or conferences would have given a rat's behind about that game...you're kidding yourself. Let's think about it, Ohio St fan flipping the channels and see's GMU/WSU, ummm, they probably aren't going to care any more about that game than a UNI/GMU or WSU/VCU game...along with everyone else.

Comment

Unfortunatly, it really wouldn't have been huge. For any GMU or WSU fan who thinks people outside of our universities or conferences would have given a rat's behind about that game...you're kidding yourself. Let's think about it, Ohio St fan flipping the channels and see's GMU/WSU, ummm, they probably aren't going to care any more about that game than a UNI/GMU or WSU/VCU game...along with everyone else.
              I see your point, but "huge" is relative in this context. In '06 the GMU @ WSU game got quite a bit of attention nationally and it was a great game. Had a rematch been set up this season it would have had the added story lines of the '06 BB, the Sweet 16 game, and WSU's revenge win at GMU the next season.

So by huge I just meant two top mids with good story lines.

But yeah, your typical Ohio State or Duke fan still wouldn't care.

Comment

6 years ago...

Thank God the phrase "Our hopes rest with Northern IOWA" will never need to be uttered ever again!

Originally posted by Capitol Shock View Post
                I hate to say that but if they beat George Mason on Friday that could be significant. It would raise some eyebrows at the very least and help elevate our status for sure.

George Mason is the hottest team on the bubble right now and has a super RPI. I don't feel good about UNI's chances but it they can pull it off it would certainly give our conference and us a boost.

Go Panthers! Don't roll over now! Of course, it means nothing if we lose.

Comment

For personal reasons that have nothing to do with basketball, I really wished WSU could have played Northern Iowa at Arch Madness last year so that the Shockers could have kicked the absolute bejeezus out of the Fighting Frostbite Fallers...just for me.
                  78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Fighting Frostbite Fallers
                    Or perhaps the Flopping Frostbite Fallers

Comment

Maybe a WSU v UNI game upcoming this year in March?

3 vs 14?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                        Or perhaps the Flopping Frostbite Fallers
                        Isn't Flopping and Fallers kind of redundant. I thought @WuShock16: 's use of Fallers was quite clever.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Isn't Flopping and Fallers kind of redundant. I thought @WuShock16 's use of Fallers was quite clever.
                          It was unintended, but I agree that it actually worked out to be a nice double meaning.
                          78-65

Comment

Never admit to being mistakenly clever.

Comment

Working...
                            X