Do you guys have any rituals you do before a shocker game or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ripemupshocks
    I've been known to sacrifice a virgin or two just before a game; you know, just to appease the basketball gods. Only problem is, in this day and age virgins are hard to come by. :o
    With your little tradition, now we know where all the virgins have gone!

30 games x 2 virgins x how many seasons?

Comment

I always wear some type of WSU garb. I almost always have a few in-game brews.

Comment

I wear a Shocker dress shirt to work.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

We usually sacrifice some small animals and pray to the most holy one Mr T

:wsu_posters: 8) 8) :D :D
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I went to Olathe Northwest High School to teach for the day (I'm not a teacher, or a sub, just delivering a message), and I could not believe the amount of Shocker stuff I saw there. I would say I saw at least 10 separate kids wearing the yellow and black, and a huge WSU flag in one of the teacher's classrooms.
            This rules.

Comment

Home games:

Think about the game while I'm at work

Quick stop home, after work dump (if necessary) Wash hands (optional) Put on a WSU shirt

Listen to the pre game on the drive to Koch. Park a long ass ways away, I'm not the type that fights for primo parking

Purchase a Lemon Chiller at the concession. These things are tasty and take 20 minutes to eat, perfect for waiting for the game to start.

Say hi to the nice old couple behind me.

Watch game

Check Shockernet when I get home

Away games:

Listen to radio/watch TV while checking Shockernet (Pants optional)

Comment

Originally posted by Wheaties
                Home games:

Quick stop home, after work dump (if necessary) Wash hands (optional) Put on a WSU shirt
                Remind me not to give you any high-fives at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheaties
                  Away games:

Listen to radio/watch TV while checking Shockernet (Pants optional)
                  Or go to a watch party at Wheaties house...
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Heres my ritual, I'm the guy in the firey hat 8)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'll be touching the water fountains and the handles in the bathroom and grabbing a straw out the box at the concession while thinking about you guys.

Also, during my watch parties, pants are discarded like coats on your grandmas bed at Thanksgiving dinner.

Seriously though, I'm just bein stupid, I'm a habitual hand washer and germ freak. :posterwsu:

Comment

You know Wheaties, I got to thinking that depending upon the company, say the cheerleaders (NOT the yell leaders, not that there is anything wrong with that), that the pants optional might be acceptable. But then I realized that the cheerleaders don't wear pants at Koch Arena either...
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

As long as they don't decide to switch it the other way around with the yell leaders I think we should be alright.

Comment

I think I need to wash my mind out with soap after THAT image in my head! :shock:

Comment

I'm going off topic here but I would love to be able to sit on a couch in something close to shoes off, shorts and a beverage in hand at a game.

When KA first opened didn't they have like some couches courtside or was that when they played at the Kansas Coliseum? Or am I thiking about some other sporting event I attended? Anyone remember?

Comment

The green Cricket couch. That would have been a great place to watch the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X