Channel S*rfing (CS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT

Ricky, this is a worthwhile discussion, and I'm no fan of our current regime or its Chicago thug attitude toward the rule of law -- but what does it have to do with Shocker basketball?

Perhaps the staff can help it move to an appropriate forum?

Comment

Re: OT

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
      Ricky, this is a worthwhile discussion, and I'm no fan of our current regime or its Chicago thug attitude toward the rule of law -- but what does it have to do with Shocker basketball?

Perhaps the staff can help it move to an appropriate forum?
      Channel Surfing provides links to televsion coverage of Shocker games.

Homeland Security seized the Channel Surfing website.

Through questionable legal action, Homeland Security has reduced consumer options for viewing Shocker basketball games.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
        I've been reading about Interactive Marketing lately and this type of problem is just crying out for a consumer based solution.

If the networks would only see that getting their product on more devices to more people is something to be leveraged and profited from. Instead they act in ways that show fear and not creativity.
        Internet streaming is not going away, in fact it's only going to grow. The days of sitting at home in front of a TV are like the days of everyone gathered around a radio to listen to the ballgame. They need to wake up and give the public what they want or others will do it for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
          Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          I've been reading about Interactive Marketing lately and this type of problem is just crying out for a consumer based solution.

If the networks would only see that getting their product on more devices to more people is something to be leveraged and profited from. Instead they act in ways that show fear and not creativity.
          Internet streaming is not going away, in fact it's only going to grow. The days of sitting at home in front of a TV are like the days of everyone gathered around a radio to listen to the ballgame. They need to wake up and give the public what they want or others will do it for them.
          This x1000. ESPN wised up with ESPN360 and now ESPN3. I can't wait to get the espnnetworks.com on cox.

I shouldn't be forced to use a TV and a Box to watch TV. I have a screen, I have internet connectivity, make it happen already.

Imagine if metro sports allowed you to watch shocker games online -- they could reach out to all the uverse subscribers, direct tv, dish, etc.

Oh well, maybe one day I'll live in the future

Comment

Well, I guess I am just thankful for being able to listen to Mike Kennedy over the Internet. Hell, before the Internet, I would have had to wait for the paper the next morning just to learn if the Shox had won. Or sit there watching ESPN for an hour nonstop until the ticker at the bottom happened to have flashed the score. Talk about a racket!
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If WSU lost money but people watching via online streaming sites instead of Shockervision I dont feel bad in the least.

The old adage is you get what you pay for. In this case WSU wasnt holding up their end of the bargain by providing a product of any quality. They literally took a **** in a box and said here you go.

Im happy to have something shockervision out there, it is better than nothing but if you want to charge the amount that do then provide a crappy service then you can blow me where the pampers is.

With that said someone needs to do something. Not only with the online service but also the TV service as well. It really pissed me off to no end thinking that last night we might have been able to watch the game. But we sure wouldnt have missed that jayhawk game though.

Comment

That's one of the reason's I have not gotten Shockervision. All I've heard is how crappy it is. If I was guranteed to see every game home and road on Shockervision, I would probably buy it. I wish they would offer something like that.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I can understand blocking the immediate Wichita surrounding area if there is a home game and its carried on FSN/ESPN. But to block out of towners is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                  X