Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosewood
    we aren't in but oru is
    ORU was a automatic bid of their conference (they won their conference tourny).

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse
      Arizona in with a horrible record down the stretch
      If your choice is between WSU and Arizona who do you take? Arizona.

H-2-H Arizona was 2-0 versus the Shox with a 13-5 and 19-0 win. WSU had their opportunities this year and they shot blanks in the non-conference season.

Comment

Not shocking but NC in without even making their tournament
        This should never, ever happen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
          Arizona in with a horrible record down the stretch
          If your choice is between WSU and Arizona who do you take? Arizona.

H-2-H Arizona was 2-0 versus the Shox with a 13-5 and 19-0 win. WSU had their opportunities this year and they shot blanks in the non-conference season.
          Exactly. A split there and maybe WSU is in and AZ is out.

Comment

Good Luck to the Illinois State Redbirds.

Comment

SycamoreFanatic wrote:

Illinois State was the best team in the Valley this season and thoroughly kicked your a$$ as well as every other team in the league.
              This is rich coming from an Indiana State fan, of course you have to consider the source.
              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

The ncaa is doing a live chat with baseball committee chair Tim Weiser starting at 1:30 today (starts in 20 minutes).

A chance to ask any questions you might have:

BTW- You can start posting questions now.

Comment

Valley of Death

Fact is, no one on any committee would ever take two teams from Valley baseball. It's truly turning into the Valley of Death.
                  :cry:
                  Omaha Dreamin'
                  ShoxJ32

Comment

They must be late getting the chat going. I go to the link and it just has a place to post a question, no responses yet.

Comment

So far the questions are about why sub 100 rpi teams like Utah Valley St and Toledo didn't make the tournament.

Comment

Wow that was worthless. A whole 15 minutes and then it is cut off.

Comment

I liked the question of "Why did you choose Hawaii over Fresno State?"

Answer-Hawaii won their conference auto-bid (tournament) and Fresno state sucked {my paraphrase}

I also found this interesting....

Originally posted by Weiser
                          Likewise, the committee relies heavily on input of the head coaches on Regional Advisory Committees and other nuggets of information.

Comment

Originally posted by SycamoreFanatic
                            They will be the lone MVC entrant in the tournament and may surprise a few folks who don't realize there is more than one team in the Valley who can leave you on the sidelines watching and they don't have to wear black and gold to do it.
                            No, probably not. Most people won't even bother to know what conference they are from. If they win a few games, you'll probably hear the announcers talk more about WSU's history and how they got left out than they'll talk about ISU. I'm not saying that to be an elitest or cocky or anything, just the way it's probably going to be. Baseball wise, most fans probably think WSU is an independent. You have WSU, then you take one giant leap and 20 odd steps down then you get to the rest of the Valley.

I'm by no means saying WSU deserved to be in, but I will say that when I saw ISU get a 3 seed the odds in my head just went way up. WSU won the regular season series and went 2-2 for the whole season heads up. WSU was co champ and the #1 seed in the MVC tournament. WSU was 30 points better in RPI. WSU actually beat some top 50 teams. WSU finished the season 12-2, ISU 10-4. Both teams had the same SOS...so by all those standards, ISU getting a 3 sead should have meant a 3 seed or better for WSU. So, either WSU got royally screwed, or the Louiville regional got very very lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by SycamoreFanatic
                              Sorry..................can't help myself. Lots of you Shocker fans who say on the one hand that you had a terrible team for the past two years in comparison to several years ago and on the other hand think you are "entitled" to an NCAA bid because of past history are no doubt delusional and have been sucking waaaaaaaaaaay too much kool-aid. Illinois State was the best team in the Valley this season and thoroughly kicked your a$$ as well as every other team in the league. They will be the lone MVC entrant in the tournament and may surprise a few folks who don't realize there is more than one team in the Valley who can leave you on the sidelines watching and they don't have to wear black and gold to do it.
                              Does going 2-2 against somebody qualify as "kicking your a$$"?

Someone bitter down in Terre TruckStop? Your good for nothing athletic program is a comprised of a bunch of wanna-bes. Plain and simple. You try so hard in basketball and fail and the same thing happens in baseball.

Wanna talk about delusional? You must've missed your fans' predictions of Valley basketball titles last year? LOL.

What a turdrocket. By the way.. when was Indiana State's last trip to the NCAA's?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                                What a turdrocket. By the way.. when was Indiana State's last trip to the NCAA's?
                                Are you talking baseball or basketball?....oh, wait a minute...

Comment

Working...
                                X