2010 NCAA tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 NCAA tourney

Not sure if this deserves a new thread, but here goes. The program has fallen since the unbelieveable stretch from 88 - 96. But that isn't realistic to continue.

But looking at some of the programs that are hosting regionals like Coastal Carolina, Louisville, UVA, TCU, Fullerton, etc., there is no reason WSU should't be there.

Arizona State

Arkansas

Auburn

Cal State Fullerton

Coastal Carolina

Connecticut

Florida

Georgia Tech

Louisville

Miami, Fla.

South Carolina

Texas Christian

UCLA

Virginia

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/05/30/133...#ixzz0pSe2VNTX

Don't forget Texas and OU....

Comment

Sorry..................can't help myself. Lots of you Shocker fans who say on the one hand that you had a terrible team for the past two years in comparison to several years ago and on the other hand think you are "entitled" to an NCAA bid because of past history are no doubt delusional and have been sucking waaaaaaaaaaay too much kool-aid. Illinois State was the best team in the Valley this season and thoroughly kicked your a$$ as well as every other team in the league. They will be the lone MVC entrant in the tournament and may surprise a few folks who don't realize there is more than one team in the Valley who can leave you on the sidelines watching and they don't have to wear black and gold to do it.

Comment

Wow the bitterness of years of losing...

Comment

Originally posted by SycamoreFanatic
          Sorry..................can't help myself. Lots of you Shocker fans who say on the one hand that you had a terrible team for the past two years in comparison to several years ago and on the other hand think you are "entitled" to an NCAA bid because of past history are no doubt delusional and have been sucking waaaaaaaaaaay too much kool-aid. Illinois State was the best team in the Valley this season and thoroughly kicked your a$$ as well as every other team in the league. They will be the lone MVC entrant in the tournament and may surprise a few folks who don't realize there is more than one team in the Valley who can leave you on the sidelines watching and they don't have to wear black and gold to do it.
          Don't disagree that it would be a surprise if WSU made the tournament and there certainly is no entitlement but I can't figure out at all why a MVC fan would be glad to see only one team from the conference make the tourney. That is the classic example of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Hope you can regain your perspective at some point and root for the Valley to place multiple teams in the tourney year in and year out.
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse
            Wow the bitterness of years of losing...
            Apparently :roll:
            The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I'm sure SycFan is simply trying to rub a little salt in the wound. However, his/her post highlights why WSU should use whatever power they wield in leaving the MoVal. It is stacked full of small thinkers, small contributors, and small timers. Any Valley team that doesn't want to see more than one Valley team in the NCAA tournament should be kicked out for treason. At this point, the entire MoVal membership should be rallying around WSU, as a failure of WSU to be invited only makes themselves and the MoVal as a whole look worse.

Comment

I don't think anybody here has said much negative about ISU red over this. They tied for the valley championship and won the tourney. What negative things about them can be siad? You obviously have some sort of loser axe to grind. Probably because you are an ISU blue fan.

I guess I would be going to other valley sites and talking shat as well. Hopefully it gets you thru till the division 1 JV football season. Oh wait you guys suck bawls in that. Maybe till basketball season........Oh wait again. Well I guess you will have to continue go to other valley sites to get little digs in. Whatever gets you thru I guess.

Comment

Illinois State was the best team in the Valley this season and thoroughly kicked your a$$ as well as every other team in the league.
                  By all metrics you are a fool.

WSU regular season champion due to their 2-1 record vs ISU. Hardly an ass kicking.

WSU RPI 56, ISU 82
                  WSU 3-5 vs Top 50, ISU 0-3

They will be the lone MVC entrant in the tournament and may surprise a few folks who don't realize there is more than one team in the Valley who can leave you on the sidelines watching and they don't have to wear black and gold to do it.
                  ISU will be 2 and Q. I was more impressed with Evansville as a team. If WSU would happen to get to the NCAA they have a chance just due to the fact of Cooper, Lowell and Kelley to win make a little noise.

The MVC sucks, Indiana State will never be a good program, they might have their "year" but that is all just like the rest of the MVC.

Comment

A&M gets the first chance to end the streak

Comment

Arizona in, and we aren't at TCU

Comment

K State goes down to Arkansas

Comment

we aren't in but oru is

Comment

Not shocking but NC in without even making their tournament

Comment

Arizona in with a horrible record down the stretch

Comment

Working...
                              X